+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: So, tell us about your user name..............

I'm Doug.

Mine is fairly easy to explain - I was called that at one of the places I worked because of what my colleagues perceived as an obsession with reggae. Like "nerd", I adopted it as a badge of honor (I'm a software engineer). Still pretty fond of 70's reggae.

I'm Andrew.

FR Drew

My name is Andrew and I've been using or enamoured with fullrange drivers for quite a few years now. Never delved into the the Lowther/Feastrex end of the spectrum, but played with some very nice Richard Allan and Fostex units in the past. Now I run Coral Flat 5's which although limited in the bottom end are pretty astounding in what the do well.

I'm George.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    There's a motoring related thread in 'Abstract Chat', should you want to give us any stories:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...838#post616838
    Hi Geoff,
    When I have a bit of time I'll relate some of my past antics.

I'm Loz.

Mine is born out of laziness and lack of imagination.

I'm also a member of a motorcycling forum where my user name is also HackneyRF. Hackney is where I lived for nigh on 20 years but have been forced out to Walthamstow as a financial refugee. No shame in that I say and to be honest it was a good move with Epping Forest, Lea Valley and Walthamstow Marshes on my doorstep. Hell, I can even cycle along the canal and be in Broxbourne for a lunchtime pint in no time!

Oh and I ride a Suzuki RF600.

Cheers

Loz

I'm Ian.

Lightbulb Why trautigan?

I'm on a few forums, the first I joined was a fly-fishing one, which is where I originated the handle 'trautigan'
    It's the combination of 2 words, one being trout (obv), the other being the name of an author, Richard Brautigan, who wrote a great book on fishing (Trout fishing in America) in the 1960's which, as the blurb says, isn't about trout fishing, nor actually about America! I'm hoping that may intrigue someone to check it out - ....so I've stuck with that handle on most of the other forums except when I don't (see below)

If anyone uses Spotify, you can find me on there with that handle, where you can also see my taste in music.

I do have other handles that I use on Twitter and some other forums - guess I don't have to explain those....

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    Oh and I ride a Suzuki RF600.
    Don't see many of those about these days (or the 900).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Don't see many of those about these days (or the 900).
    That's true Geoff. Not quite sure why as they tend to knock up pretty high mileage often. Boy racers trashing them maybe! A good solid Jap four. Not my dream bike but the Guzzi that I'm restoring might turn out to be just that.

Cheers

Loz

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by trautigan View Post
    I'm on a few forums, the first I joined was a fly-fishing one, which is where I originated the handle 'trautigan'
    It's the combination of 2 words, one being trout (obv), the other being the name of an author, Richard Brautigan, who wrote a great book on fishing (Trout fishing in America) in the 1960's which, as the blurb says, isn't about trout fishing, nor actually about America! I'm hoping that may intrigue someone to check it out - ....so I've stuck with that handle on most of the other forums except when I don't (see below)

If anyone uses Spotify, you can find me on there with that handle, where you can also see my taste in music.

I do have other handles that I use on Twitter and some other forums - guess I don't have to explain those....
    Hi Ian

'So the Wind Won't Blow It All Away' is a great book. Read a long time ago but still figures as one of the better books I have read.

Cheers

Loz

I'm Geoff.

That's true Geoff. Not quite sure why as they tend to knock up pretty high mileage often. Boy racers trashing them maybe! A good solid Jap four. Not my dream bike but the Guzzi that I'm restoring might turn out to be just that.

Cheers

Loz
    Had a few Suzukis. A GT550A two stroke triple bought new way back in '79. A GSX750ES2, GSX600F and lastly a GS500FK5 (which I actually liked better than the others). Also had a little GN125, which was desperately slow, but fun.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Graeme.

Hi Ian

'So the Wind Won't Blow It All Away' is a great book. Read a long time ago but still figures as one of the better books I have read.

Cheers

Loz
    The only one of his books I've read was "Willard and His Bowling Trophies" - but that was a long time ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast