+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello everyone - New Member

I'm Pedro.

Default Hello everyone - New Member

Hi everybody,
    New member here.
    My system has changed a bit over the years. I've currently got a pair of the first ever Tannoy Canterbury 15's (original) which were a one-off pair built for a visit by the Head of Teac (Japanese importer) in 1988. Running these are 2 Quad 303 (one per channel), Audiosmile Mk1 supertweeters, Van Den Hul Array A-1 active pre-amp, 2x Musical Fidelity X10-V3 tube buffers, Linn Numerik Dac, Bluesound Node 2 streamer. All sounds good to my ears.

Big fan of Tannoy, used to run a pair of GRF-R with 15" HPD's with THEOS upgrade i.e. same as prestige range (before GR). Had this running via an active crossover built by Nic Gorham - sold the cabinets but still have drivers and passive / active crossovers. Also have pairs of original Definition range - D700, D500, D300 plus some HPD 315's that I'm holding on to. Plus a single Tannoy Kingdom Royal (no crossover though unfortunately so just a talking piece).

I'm Grant.

sounds like your well sorted;; a lot od tannoy lovers here. welcome to aos pedro. i hope you enjoy the forum...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hello Pedro. Welcome to AOS.

Interesting setup you have there. Many Tannoy fans here, including me.

Tell us what future plans you may have for your system if any and what music you like.

Join in the chat, everybody is friendly .

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Pedro.

Thank you guys for the kind words and warm welcome to the group.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Pedro.

Yes, we have many Tannoy fans here as well as Quad users.

What sort of music do you like to listen to through your system?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Pedro.

Hi Barry,

Listen to pretty much anything apart from Dance. Range from Pink Floyd, Tom Petty, Dire Straits to Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, classical....streaming really opens up the options available. How about yourself?

+ Reply to Thread