+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566

Thread: So, tell us about your user name..............

I'm Desmond.

Default Dgob

My user name is simply my initials. As the first son, I think my parents tried to cover all bases. Hence the four names, which I won't embarrass myself by revealing.

I'm Nathanael.

My name. originates from a forum wayy back when I played an old PC Game called Tread Marks made by LDA Games I formed my own clan called S1C and did clan battles back in 20xx. inspired by sports Star Striker spelt in l33t to signify eSports getting that bullseye blow that thrashed your tank off a cliff to death ��
    ======== my primary default headphones: i use all the time is The Superex ST-S modified with a TPA 3116\bluetooth amp 35W peak, 15W constant with 4' 9v 5500mah rated lithium ion batteries. Redid foam and added a wire mesh bolted components in they sound better than most stuff I have heard with Bluetooth and even with a lossful codec it sounds nothing like mega piss 3.0 and for HQ studio listening i run a home made fat copper wire to the aux port from my tablet or phone=======

I'm Mark.

Well I'm sure my user name is self explanatory but just in case, they "Rush" are the Canadian rock band who's iconic 70's album is "2112" they sadly lost in 2020 the enormously talented Neil Peart, drummer and lyricist for some 40 years with the band. There is a huge legacy of work from the band worthy of checking out but my introduction courtesy of Tommy Vance's Rock Show radio programme was the album 2112. Now the avatar, if you look closely or are a prog rock fan you will recognise the artwork to Camel's album Nude, I was introduced to them by record shop owner Sandy Mountain (Sinfonia - Blackpool) who's breath of knowledge of music was quite incredible and I have him to thank for many introductions to artists I doubt I would have never discovered otherwise.

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

I think mine is quite self explanatory - it comes from the track called "Us & Them" on Dark Side Of the Moon (one of the most iconic albums of all time) by Pink Floyd. The name also points at my enduring contempt of the powers that be that have a gun to our heads all the time!!!
    Last edited by Us-&-Them; 12-07-2022 at 22:22.
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Robert.

Default Onix Exposure are the best British hifi 1981 - 1989

Sometimes ... it is important to keep memories... 1982 Onix and 1981 Exposure were the best hifi players. Now I have most Onix and Exposure from this period. I play them with ARmst speakers. About turntables and cartridges I really like Dynavector for low MC and Ortofon 20 fl super e for MM . I m crazy about UK hifi.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by contarex56 View Post
    Sometimes ... it is important to keep memories... 1982 Onix and 1981 Exposure were the best hifi players. Now I have most Onix and Exposure from this period. I play them with ARmst speakers. About turntables and cartridges I really like Dynavector for low MC and Ortofon 20 fl super e for MM . I m crazy about UK hifi.
    Robert - are you sure your user name is not a reference to the Zeiss Contarex camera and the year of your birth?

Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566