+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast

Thread: So, tell us about your user name..............

I'm Peter.

Rosewind: my wife's middle name is Rosen + my last name is Wind. My children are named Rosen Wind and that is roughly the Danish equivalent of Rosewind. I haven't gotten around to use Rosen as my middle name. I may still do that.
    I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm BigBobJoylove.

So, Filterlab then.

Well, when I started composing professionally back in the mid-90s I was using a Yamaha SY-85 workstation primarily (and a lot of other bits and bobs besides); I tended to shape each patch (instrument) using the vast array of onboard filters, one of which converted key velocity into a filter envelope (I believe it was either cut-off or resonance) rather than volume - i.e. the harder the key is hit, the wider the envelope. With progressively increased key striking the effect of an opening and closing filter could be played directly in rather than sequencing the effect (slow).

A composing mate of mine one day mentioned that it was like I had my own laboratory for filters. I became Filterlab and I've stuck with it widely since.

My old website is still live in fact: www.filterlab.co.uk

The acronym is actually a backronym, which I came up with whilst drunk and playing scrabble one evening on a 'music composition with a mate week-long holiday in a cottage'.

Falter
    In
    Love
    Take
    Evaluated
    Risks
    Leave
    Anger
    Behind

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Drew.

Default Why Linnnaim

Hi All

I guess it is pretty obvious in the past Naim Amps/Preamps and Linn Speakers/LP12. All Linn at the moment (could change it has many times in the past) should really change it to LinnLinn.

I'm Steven.

LoneStar - one of the best restaurants in Barbados ��

I'm Sam.

FoH - Acronym for - front of house.
    Not the restaurant kind but the amplified concert kind - my occupation.

I'm Simon.

Default BultyBoy

I'm FastFred on other forums cos I race motorbikes, a name given to me by others. Used to have a Bultaco trials bike

I'm Olav.

Red face Nickname

Some boys at my primary school used Goofy as a nickname for me.
    No hard feelings anymore.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    Some boys at my primary school used Goofy as a nickname for me.
    No hard feelings anymore.
    i had a mate who was called goof. it stuck..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Pete.

losepete is a shortened version of loserpete - my old "legal" Hells Angel name.

Why did it get shortened? - My first ISP had an 8 character limit for a username so, needing a username quickly during setup I just dropped the "r" and 24 years on still using that username although ISP has changed a few times.

I'm andy.

Default Onespeed

Onespeed comes from riding single speed mountain bikes in the alps in France when one of the locals said 'why is this one speed?'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast