+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iFi Nano iDSD Arriving Soon At MCRU

I'm David.

Default iFi Nano iDSD Arriving Soon At MCRU

The rest of the world seem to have already received their first units of this remarkable device. The iDSD is 1/2 the size of the standard iFi
    range of units so it fits in your pocket. It plays all formats natively so no converting, it has a built in DAC and a headphone amp, connects
    to almost any music source you can name and plays almost every known music format including DSD + DXD. The iFi website tells more.

The best thing about it is the price, how AMR have managed to cram so much inside the small case and sell it for only £165 is amazing. If
    you want to put your name down for one (and they are selling like hot-cakes) please pm me.

I'm fuckoff.

Dave, are you getting the ipurifier and imercury USB cable?

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post
    Dave, are you getting the ipurifier and imercury USB cable?

Or the iMNB in?
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm David.

yes,yes,yes

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    yes,yes,yes

Cool, ta.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

I'm fuckoff.

Imbn?

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post
    Imbn?
    did no know what it was either but just agreed with him cos he's a dafteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee

i -purifier arrived in UK and a few i-dsd's and nano headphone amps

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    did no know what it was either but just agreed with him cos he's a dafteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee

i -purifier arrived in UK and a few i-dsd's and nano headphone amps
    The force is weak with you Dave- look again.......

I'm David.

Up date on the arrival of the new iFI Nano series which have taken the rest of the world by storm (judging by the number of glowing reviews and facebook and head-fi members going gaga over the gear).

iPurifier is a small plug in usb filter and details are here £89

iDSD you already know about but that is here £165

iCAN Nano which is a smaller version of the standard sizes i-can which is here £149

there is also a short USB cable called the Mercury which I will see tomorrow when the TNT man pulls up at MCRU Towers. All the above arrive tomorrow.

I'm David.

After all the initial batch of i-dsd's have sold out I kept a couple for myself and started experimenting as to what it can do.

In particular how I can use it for the bristol show with a music source other than anything beginning with "i", what about my SB Touch I thought.

After 10 minutes of fettling I had the i-dsd connected via the enhanced usb output on the touch, the i-dsd gets its power from the usb so no
    dreaded wall wart psu is needed, an sd card full of hi-res tunes playing through the i-dsd's headphone amplifier, result.

+ Reply to Thread