+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bob Dylan Blonde On Blonde 180g 3 Disc Boxset at MCRU

I'm David.

Default Bob Dylan Blonde On Blonde 180g 3 Disc Boxset at MCRU

In stock for immediate shipment is this masterpiece which has been re-issued by Mofi in a 3 disc 180g 45RPM limited edition, sound quality to die for
    and show demo fodder for sure. Available now on my website here for £79.95

Features:
    • Numbered, Limited Edition
    • 45rpm Speed Edition
    • Half-Speed Production and Mastering by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab
    • Specially Plated and Pressed on 180 grams of High Definition Vinyl
    • Special Static Free - Dust Free Inner Sleeve
    • Heavy Duty Protective Packaging
    • Mastered from the Original Master Tapes

Bob Dylan Blonde on Blonde on Numbered Limited Edition 180g 45RPM 3LP Box Set

“That Thin, That Wild Mercury Sound:” Dylan’s Ground-Shaking 1966 Double LP Sent Tremors Throughout the World

Blonde on Blonde: A double album that transcends time, defies space, suspends reality, and looks through the human soul and tells the listener characteristics about themselves they didn’t know. Professor Sean Wilentz, historian-in-residence for Bob Dylan’s Web site, comes as close to summing up its brilliance in his superb Bob Dylan In America as any who’ve tried: “The songs are rich meditations on desire, frailty, promises, boredom, hurt, envy, connections, missed connections, paranoia, and transcendent beauty—in short, the lures and snare of love, stock themes of rock and pop music, but written with a powerful literary imagination and played out in a pop netherworld.” No lie.

As part of its Bob Dylan catalog restoration series, we are thoroughly humbled to have the privilege of mastering the iconic LP from the master tapes and pressing it on 45RPM LPs at RTI. We feel that the end result is the very finest, most transparent analog edition of Blonde on Blonde ever produced. Forever renowned for what the Bard deemed “that thin, that wild mercury sound,” the album’s famed aural character lives and breathes on this superb version, with wider and deeper grooves affording playback of previously buried information and lifelike presentation of the studio sessions.

Prized for a unique sound that cultural critic Greil Marcus tagged “the most glamorous record imaginable; listening you [can] see the checkered jester’s suit Dylan had worn on stage for the nine previous, furious months,” Blonde on Blonde is to music, production, prose, and performance as what hydrogen is to water. The secret to its inimitable aural character partially stems from Dylan’s request in Nashville to producer Bob Johnston to remove the baffles from the studio room, allowing the musicians to interact as well as the music to assume a more organic quality that drifts from one microphone to another.

The story of Blonde on Blonde is almost as compelling as the music within. Dylan, frustrated with how initial attempts fared in New York, relocating to Tennessee and pairing with Nashville’s top session players as well as members of what would become the Band, feverishly chasing perfectionism while also arriving at an on-the-fly feel that remains a reference point for recorded music. The Bard sweated over lyrics, demanded his band get the exact sounds he heard in his head, and limited most takes to a handful at most. A majority of songs were recorded long after midnight, the post-A.M. vibe reflected in the nocturnal aura, woozy optimism, inversion of intervals, and spiritual soulfulness of the playing.

Bob Dylan Blonde on Blonde Track Listing:

1. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
    2. Pledging My Time
    3. Visions of Johanna
    4. One of Must Know (Sooner or Later)
    5. I Want You
    6. Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again
    7. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
    8. Just Like a Woman
    9. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I’ll Go Mine)
    10. Temporary Like Achilles
    11. Absolutely Sweet Marie
    12. 4th Time Around
    13. Obviously 5 Believers
    14. Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands
    Last edited by MCRU; 28-01-2014 at 18:05.

I'm Steven.

Will I get any closer to understanding Visions of Johanna played at 45 instead of 33 ?

Sorry - got the mono box set for my bday - but glad to see your taste moving in the right direction.

p.s. Still listening too Mavis Staples. Even my 13 year old Belieber likes it.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by SLS View Post
    Will I get any closer to understanding Visions of Johanna played at 45 instead of 33 ?

Sorry - got the mono box set for my bday - but glad to see your taste moving in the right direction.

The grooves are further apart I think, so effectively "more spaced out" like Dylan was I believe?

Mavis Staples is good. Will have that in Nicks room for sure at Bristol.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by SLS View Post

Do I more up in your estimation if I recommend this one too which I have in stock?

I'm David.

I have never really heard this guy (Dylan) and never hear any of his music at shows so apart from that not heard a jot from him.

I am astounded with the MoFi re-releases, 45RPM LP's just sound so right, the care and attention taken is obvious from the very
    moment the stylus hits the groove, 2 genuine landmark albums that will stay in my music room until I pop it for sure!

+ Reply to Thread