+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Roksan Xerxes

Default My Roksan Xerxes

Had it for a week now and enjoying every bit of it. Looks fantastic for it's age.

Sorry, in the pics you will see the A&R cartridge on my Rega R200. But now we have put on the Denon DL160, which is a massive improvement

This is the most musical and dynamic turntable I have ever heard and owned.

I'm David.

its an oldy but a goody! i hope you have a less 'scared to mess with it' relationship than i do! i have the tabriz arm with a artemiz c'wight and 0c9... with the right vinyl it sound awesome! small bit of advicefor whatver its worth... keep the psu well ventilated! i think my first one died through over heating... the new one has a lot of space around it!

I'm Lee.

Does it make Peters & Lee sound good?
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Does it make Peters & Lee sound good?
    Yeah, better then your deck

Quote Originally Posted by hamish_gill View Post
    its an oldy but a goody! i hope you have a less 'scared to mess with it' relationship than i do! i have the tabriz arm with a artemiz c'wight and 0c9... with the right vinyl it sound awesome! small bit of advicefor whatver its worth... keep the psu well ventilated! i think my first one died through over heating... the new one has a lot of space around it!

Of course it's an oldy, infact it could be older than me

It's a great deck

I'm David.

i have just noticed you have a xps7 psu.. if you ever decide to sell the deck i might be interested in purchacing that off of you... obviously you have only just bought it so its not on the card right now but do bare me in mind

Quote Originally Posted by hamish_gill View Post
    i have just noticed you have a xps7 psu.. if you ever decide to sell the deck i might be interested in purchacing that off of you... obviously you have only just bought it so its not on the card right now but do bare me in mind

Sorry, I'm keeping this deck permanently as I like it very much.

There is another Roksan Xerxes on ebay (From the same seller I bought mines from) but it has an SME cut. And I think the PSU is an older version?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

I'm David.

...its only the xps7 im after ...cheers though

+ Reply to Thread