+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Aurorasound VIDA MC/MM Phono Preamp

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    What I love about vinyl is how you describe the leading edge of the notes from guitar are like explosions of music That's what makes vinyl so addictive
    You've got it, John. That's what attracts me, too.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    I think so, but I don't know that your SPU will work as well as my Shelter into it. Guy should be able to tell you.
    Ah yes.
    The SPU and the Isos. The SPU being more crucial I imagine
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Guy.

I have heard the Vida via its MC input (Low setting) using an SPU. It works very well.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by pure sound View Post
    I have heard the Vida via its MC input (Low setting) using an SPU. It works very well.
    Duh. You were supposed to say mismatch or something
    Isos ?
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm stu.

I used it with a koetsu black and an ortofon MC 15.
    Sounded superb with both.
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Isos ?
    That may need explaining: Isobarik speakers.

The VIDA is essentially very even-keeled across the frequency spectrum, so your Isos should sound like... better Isos. In traditional source-first philosophy, more from your cartridge will appear as more from your speakers, within their limitations (they are far better speakers than I had remembered before hearing yours).

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    That may need explaining: Isobarik speakers.

The VIDA is essentially very even-keeled across the frequency spectrum, so your Isos should sound like... better Isos. In traditional source-first philosophy, more from your cartridge will appear as more from your speakers, within their limitations (they are far better speakers than I had remembered before hearing yours).
    Yes. Would follow as every upgrade has made them sound better.
    But maybe the extra being delivered is picked up by your Ushers, but may not be picked up by the Isos.......

Mike

I'm Peter.

Nice write-up, Martin.
    Damn, this is all rather tempting!
    Probably a stupid question, but for those of us with two turntables, presumably we could leave both plugged into the VIDA and use the mc/mm selector to switch between them?

MartinT Guest

Yes, you could do that although the noise performance may suffer as Aurorasound provide shorting plugs for the disused sockets.

I'm peter.

I use the Vida...I'm a sucker for Japanese 'boutique' equipment; it's usually a bit special. I've used mine with both a Koetsu Urushi Gold and a humble Shure 97ex (just to span the spectrum). It sure transforms the 97ex, waking it from a profound slumber.
    One problem with any review is that it can quickly sound as if the amp has characteristics all of its own...such as being 'fast' or 'detailed' or whatever. In fact, as we all know, it's the music that is supposed to have these attributes, not the amp...
    And that's where the Vida scores heavy points with me; it just gets out of the way. It lets the music speak for itself and hides any characteristics of its own very cleverly. That's its job; that's what it does. You'l hear what the music sounds like, not the what the phonostage sounds like . Quite a rare attribute really.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast