+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Portable headphone amp/dac suggestions?

I'm Anthony.

Default Portable headphone amp/dac suggestions?

Hello, I'm looking for suggestions on a portable headphone amp/dac for office use. I have a classic 160gb iPod (spinny disk type) ripped lossless and a pair of AKG K550's. Looking under the £100 mark with LOD input. Battery favourable but mains is an option. Any hidden gems out there? Thanks

I'm Anthony.

Cheers

I'm Chris.

I'm not an Apple expert but I think what you are asking for doesn't exist under the £100 mark. There aren't even any iPOD digital docks under £100 although they must cost about 50p to manufacture. Apple Tax takes care of the rest.
    iFi ZEN Stream/TV/CXC >> RME ADI2 DAC >> XTZ Edge A2-300 >> Rogers LS8a

PC >> Hugo 2 >> iFi Pro iCAN Sig >> Raal-Requisite CA-1a

I'm Pete.

I agree with Chris... I've had various Fiio headphone amps & DAC's which certainly do what they say on the tin, but all of which have eventually given up the ghost. I currently use an iBasso D2 Boa USB-DAC Portable Headphone Amp, along with a custom made connector bought via eBay, to connect it to my 160gb iPod Classic... and this combination effortlessly drives my Sennheiser HD-25-1 II during my daily commute... and I couldn't be happier...

Cheers
    Pete
    CDP: Primare CD31 Amp: Audio Note Oto SE DAC: M2Tech Young & Van Der Graaf PSU Speakers: Tannoy Cheviots
    Streaming: bespoke Korus server with SOtM soundcard, AudioQuest Jitterbug & Furutech GT2 USB cable
    Speaker Cable: Tellurium Q Black - Interconnects: MS Audio/Klotz MC5000

Come Chill With Me...
    https://www.mixcloud.com/orbscure
    http://theorbscureddj.blogspot.co.uk
    + play + enjoy + float + dream +

I'm alan.

+1 with the iBasso D2 Boa,very well made little amp.Loved mine.
    Revox B795,NVA Phono 1,Teac PD H500C,SB Touch,Mark Grant Linear PSU,Bushmaster MkII,NVA AP70,IPL LS3TLM.Royd Minstrels.

+ Reply to Thread