+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Testing the audible differences in mains cables.

I'm Deleted.

Default Testing the audible differences in mains cables.

Sorry John, not sure I understand, do you mean you tried to set up a blind test and involve a particular individual? If so, I can't say I am surprised - forum memberships are similar to the regulars in the pub - there's always someone who's done that, seen that, knows the brother of the best friend of the bloke who did it first etc - dig a bit deeper and it's often just hot air. Also, most members are more at home with armchair theorising than actually putting any of their ideas to the test!

That's why I offered to make some CD mats for people to try. I thought Marco and Co. would be prepared to give it a go and they are easy enough to make - better than just randomly hypothesising.
    Account Deleted

I'm ILOB.

yes after that I gave up on this kind of stuff
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Tom.

I would happily volunteer to be the listener testee but I am not able to travel any sort of distance due to cost I'm afraid.

I'm Stephen.

FWIW (probably not a lot as it's a single non-blinded observer with low sample size [n=2])
    I recently changed the standard power cable on the Teddy Pardo PSU for my Wadia 170i/signature for a used off eBay Supra LoRad one and my ears told me there was a definite improvement (all be it small) in low frequency control & top and end clarity.
    This was on the ring that does not have balanced mains. I should say that all the other equipment power cables in use are the standard "kettle" as I've given this area scant thought before.
    Steve
    Always a little further

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011