+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Paradise Phonostage - REVIEW

I'm mark.

Bet you’ve not forgotten Paradise, still the best …

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by DiveDeepDog View Post
    Bet you’ve not forgotten Paradise, still the best …
    Absolutely agree Mark and mine is sounding better than ever now

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Andrew.

My Paradise is now 8 years old! It's been through many upgrades and changes and is a different beast to the one I started with.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Alan.

Yeah I built mine in July 2013 and I have only modded the power supply since then.
    Its been an excellent phono stage but was starting to sound off when warmed up so I suspected there was some duff caps in there, I was so disappointed in my Vinyl system that I sold all my records except for 20 that I really liked
    Anyway I decided that I needed to service the Paradise and wanted to fit the Calvins at the same time, I didn't really have time to do it myself as I was caring for my wife and working full time, I also did not have the right caps to do it myself so I asked Simon if he could look at it for me, well he did and he has done an excellent job, "as expected", and its sounding superb now.
    Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Steve.

What made you get rid of your records Alan? Good to see you are getting back into vinyl. Must have a meet up soon.

I'm Alan.

Hi Steve
    Snap Crackle & Pop and the variability of quality of Vinyl, I had 3 copies of everything I liked ? and every time I sat down to listen I would be thinking Mmm that doesn't sound quite right, need to clean that record, need to clean the stylus need to check the tracking, plus they take up a lot of space.
    I'm not getting back into Vinyl but it will be available in case I feel the need.

Alan

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    Yeah I built mine in July 2013 and I have only modded the power supply since then.
    Its been an excellent phono stage but was starting to sound off when warmed up so I suspected there was some duff caps in there, I was so disappointed in my Vinyl system that I sold all my records except for 20 that I really liked
    Anyway I decided that I needed to service the Paradise and wanted to fit the Calvins at the same time, I didn't really have time to do it myself as I was caring for my wife and working full time, I also did not have the right caps to do it myself so I asked Simon if he could look at it for me, well he did and he has done an excellent job, "as expected", and its sounding superb now.
    Alan

Sounds like things have been tough, Alan. Glad to hear your Paradise is cutting the sonic mustard. Simon always provides an excellent service. He's a fantastic source. I've been thinking about getting into R2R but it's such a diverse subject and I honestly would not know where to start! I always fancied a Revox b77 mk2 but setting the thing up and all that goes with it would be a real bugger.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    .... I was so disappointed in my Vinyl system that I sold all my records except for 20 that I really liked .
    I would be greatly interested to know what the titles of the 20 records are.
    Barry

I'm Micky.

19 to go as Alan quoted River by Herbie Hancock 👍😀

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickyricky View Post
    19 to go as Alan quoted River by Herbie Hancock ����
    Cheers.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast