+ Reply to Thread

Thread: looking for long interconnect !!

I'm alf.

Thumbs up looking for long interconnect !!

hi there , i'm looking for advice and (hopefully) an interconnect .due to the position of my pre-amp in relation to the power amps , i need an interconnect of at least 2.2metres . i would like some expert advice on whether it is advisable to have such a long interconnect as they only seem to be sold in 1 metre(max) lengths. if there is anybody out there who has such a thing as a decent 2.2 metre interconnect for sale (shop-bought or home made) , please can you get in touch................ talisman2:scratch

PS system is Clearaudio Champion Level One /Clearaudio Satisfy /Ortofon Rondo Bronze , Linn LP12 /Ittok /Ortofon VMS 20E T/Tables , Yamaha CD 5050 CD Player , Krell KSP 7B pre , Beard P100 Monoblock power , Sony 55ES power , Quad 520f power , Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home Speakers , Castle Harlech S1 speakers Ruark Talisman 2speakers+ various chord , qed , kimber cables

I'm ChrisB.

2.2 metres is not long. 10m + is fairly long.
    Take a look at Mark Grant's web site - his cables are well loved round these parts and he'll do you any length you like.

Chris (who has 7m interconnects in one part of his system!)

I'm Paul.

I can also supply custom interconnects to any length you like. If you wanted 100m pairs, that'd be no problem! In general, you're fine with up to 10m lengths. 2.2m is nothing to worry about.

I'm Gone.

Alf,

Echo what Chris says on all counts, I have two racks in the living room, one has the main system and the other a home cinema set up. I have a 6 meter multi core between them and despite being unbalanced presents no problem. I also used to use a 6m pair between pre and power, again with no problem. As Chris says Mark Grant cables are well thought of but depending on budget, it's worth looking on the MCRU site as David offers a range of first class cables at various lengths up to 5 meters

Best of luck

I'm alf.

thanx guys will check out mark grant

synsei Guest

I urge you to shop around before you commit Alf, any decent cable supplier will allow you to try before you buy. I run a 3m pair of RFC Neptunes between my pre & power amp and they really are exceptional. I used Belkin PureAV Silver IC's in this role previously and little while ago I had the chance to borrow a pair of Mark Grant G1000HD's from a friend and I found them to be on a par with the Belkins. The RFC Neptunes comprehensively outperform the Belkins hence why they are now employed for the purpose, you can draw your own conclusions from that

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Yeah, 2.2m isn't long at all.

You can get screened, Van Damme silver plated copper with Neutrik plugs made up in your chosen colour for about £20 on ebay for example. Stuff like Van Damme cable is made in such quanities that economy of scale really comes into play.

Just depends if you want something a bit more exclusive and pay more for it..

+ Reply to Thread