+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tech' Gallery

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Okies, here are some of my pics....

The constituent parts:

Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing/Funk Firm Platter/5mm Achromat and Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (with regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead & Yaeger (low-impedance) connector. Bruil record weight.

Ortofon RS212D tonearm (fitted to 'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard). Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver Litz tonearm cable (fitted with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs)/Ortofon SPU Royal GM MKII cartridge.

SPU Royal/Ortofon heaven:

'Business end' of the awesome Paul Hynes SR7 PSU:

At Anthony TD's place having the Paul Hynes internal PSU regulator modules fitted:

When it once sported a Mike New aluminium composite platter and Jelco SA-750 tonearm:

At Martin T's place, before I had my current SPU Royal. Shown is an SPU Classic GM(E):

And as it currently is now (save the Clearuadio Harmonicer mat and Mark's clone of the Clever Clamp, and the SPU Royal):

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robert.

Thanks for sortin' pics Marco - BTW, Oozing class there with the shots of your very own hot rodded baby

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Actually, what I'd really like to know is what the rest of your system is dude ...

Here you go Jules http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...ieGongs-Set-Up (Hoping to replace the 752's with Spendor S8e's in the near future)
    Looks like you have a 'tower of power' there Rob, filled with Japan's finest!

I'm sure the phono stage in your monster Technics is no slouch, but have you tried a decent external stage with it?

I'm wondering if the Spendors might be a tad too 'polite' for you, but I could be wrong - have you demo'd a pair?
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

Posted on behalf of Ron (Jazz Bones):

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robert.

Thanks Marco / Ron, If you ever have the deck specs to edit in and add that would be great. I'm sure that's a rather nice Origin Live Arm I see ? and whats the cart ? plus there's a nice isolation platform of some sort - tell us more, I and others love seeing the different approaches others take on their upgrade journey - It's interesting stuf

I'm Ron.

Firstly, thanks muchly Marco for posting the piccy of my Tekko, much appreciated, secondly Robbie to answer your questions: The arm is an Audio Origami rewired and damped Linn Ekos Mk1. The counter weight is a special I got from Linn many year ago to balance out a Koetsu on my then LP12. Extra ebony subweight by speedy Steve from my design to help balance out heavier cartridges such as the Koestsu. The cartridge in residence at the mo is an AT33EV which I'm giving a work out before it is moth balled as a backup. Koetsu Black ESCo reworking to be installed. I don't know if it has been noticed but the cartridge wires look as if they have been crossed over, this was done in haste as I had to pick up the wife, her sister and mother from the coach station and clear up before hand. The channel polarity (left/right) is correct however and I won't bother changing until the KB goes back on.

The platter is a MN ali/copper with Oyaide BR12 rubber mat (slightly dished by about 1mm and on top of that is an Origin live thin mat. The best sound I can get after juggling with at first an Achromat, SDS, plus numerous over permutations too lengthy to go into. The bearing is MN secured to a MN bearing base plate which in turn has been fixed to the chassis by bolts and and gasket sealant.

After experimenting with Isonoe feet, sorbothane I settled for Origin Live feet (now referred to as Vantage Audio feet) all placed on a Townshend Audio spring belows platform, a sort of sprung TT, which in turn sits on a Mark Baker original Ultra TT stand. The chassis has been vibration and sound proofed with special pads.

On the power supply side I started with the TS standard, then HE models (I liked this one) and now use the TS T-01 shunt psu which really is an end game for me.

Internally, I have removed all unwanted items such as the strobe itself, target light and pitch control.

The deck itself is rock steady on pitch and is perfect for my diet of music which is acoustic instrument jazz, small and big band stuff, classical, flamenco guitar, blues and vocals.

I was drawn to the Teckie some four years ago by reading an article in HFW by Stuart Wenhem followed by articles by David Price so I bought the deck brand spanking new in a sealed box (so I'm the only owner) and it started life as my second deck in the home office. The LP12 did the premium job, now it is the other way around... don't get me wrong the LP12 (mine is modded...can't help myself ) is superb as now and again I like a bit of a different system to enjoy.

Sorry for the length of this but it is in fact a short tale of my journey with Lulu my Techie , and what is now my final deck.

Cheers
    Ron

MartinT Guest

Default MartinT's Technics SL-1210 Mk. 2

With the following mods:

• Dynavector DV507-II arm and Speedy Steve ebony armboard
    • Shelter 5000 cartridge in Dynavector heavy headshell
    • Mike New base plate (bonded & bolted to chassis), bearing & ETP platter
    • Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27 external power supply, TDR-21 secondary regulator, S1709v4LN & Z1705LN tertiary regulators
    • Pitch control bypass mod
    • Isonoe and Techniboots feet
    • Stillpoints LPI record weight
    • Choir-Hashimoto SUT-H7 step-up transformer
    • Whest PS.30R phono stage
    • Paul Hynes Clearsilver XL DC power cable with Jaeger connector
    • Yannis 423.5 PhonoLitz tonearm cable (with Furutech CF-DIN R connector) and 223.5 ConnectLitz SUT to preamp cable with WBT 0110Ag connectors
    • MCRU No. 9 power cables

A not quite up to date photo, but it's the best I have until I take a new one.

Last edited by MartinT; 06-12-2013 at 07:16. Reason: Added photos

Excellent stuff, Martin. Good one of the Yaeger connector!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Andy.

Crickey Martin, those piccies are sharp! ( As in high resolution) Techie not too shabby either!
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Crickey Martin, those piccies are sharp!
    Thanks, Andy! Panasonic Lumix GF1 with the 14-42mm zoom lens, then Photoshop processed and reduced in size for forum display.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast