+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pc with no optical out into the bushmaster mk11 any ideas/suggestions please

I'm peter.

Question pc with no optical out into the bushmaster mk11 any ideas/suggestions please

hi everybody I have a burning question...does anybody know how I can hook up my laptop to the bushmaster mk11 bearing in mind I don't have any coax sockets left ones bluray the others cd transport so I am left with 2 optical sockets and voila you guessed my my laptop doesn't have optical out only usb or hdmi so please any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

Has your laptop got Bluetooth? I am waiting for a BT wireless link to arrive in the post. So BT connection to the BM might be an option.

I'm Grant.

usb to spdif covertor then spidif to toslink. should be good enought for cd quality
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm peter.

hi stan unfortunately there is no built in Bluetooth could I use a Bluetooth dongle instead...

I'm peter.

hi grant..nice suggestion however its a minefield out there with hundreds of different adapters/connectors available I was hoping there may be a lead usb/toslink available or just a simple small converter that requires no power.i really do not want something that could add or take away the sound of the bushmaster..

I'm peter.

hi stan would this do the job for now http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1909250880...84.m1423.l2649 cheers bud

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey555 View Post
    hi stan would this do the job for now http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1909250880...84.m1423.l2649 cheers bud
    That's a nice bit of kit for the price. I might get one to try out myself.

I have been playing with the Yamaha YBA-11 Bluetooth to digital coax adapter lately. It gives me the option to stream music via Bluetooth from my laptop to the BM. The Bluetooth adapter runs off the USB socket on the Ankara battery. It comes with a suitable USB to DC plug adapter, so I didn't have to make up any leads.
    Transfer rate is limited to 16Bit/48kHz, which is the same as the Airport Express. But as a low cost Bluetooth solution it is not bad at all.

I'm peter.

nice one stan I will certainly digest all the info given btw I am continually blown away by the bushmaster mk2 you have given me not just a fantastic dac but a whole new library of music to listen to

I'm Chris.

I have this usb to digital convertor, good things about this is, it has two simultaneous optical and coax output. I find the quality to be pretty good ( I am no expert in hi fi sound quality). It sounds great when partnered with the Bushmaster Mk I.

Chris P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast