+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amp for Harbeth P3 ESR Croft, Brio R...

I'm Steve.

Default Amp for Harbeth P3 ESR Croft, Brio R...

Having down scaled slightly and dropping on these little gems, I'm looking for suggestions for an amp to get the best out of them. So far I've tried my EAR 859 - beautiful but not quite capable of driving the bass solidly, a sugden a21A kindly lent to me, again beautiful if slightly restrained and still not giving the bass enough definition and drive. A rega Brio R probably the best compromise in terms of overall presentation and beefs the bass up superbly.

I'm considering more powerful valve amps such as a unisis which I've owned before and loved primaluna and also the likes of the newer Croft stuff so would value any opinions on this and the Brio R as a comparison before I just buy the Brio. Thanks.

I'm Andy.

SONY TA-F940R, cheap as chips you may be suprised Steve, l know l was, my Harbs do not know what have hit them.....
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Dave.

Unisis..

I'm Steve.

Yes David!

I'm Dave.

I need to check it out.

I'm Neil.

Try to find an LFD Mistral or Zero integrated? Will sell on easily, but a common match with Harbeth.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Steve.

Lfd stuff is rare, I thought I'd found one a few weeks ago but the dealers website was out of date.

Dave , you pretty much sell everything I'm interested in and you have a gem up your sleeve that I'd love to know if I can afford before I try anything else.

I notice you have an ex dem Brio R too! Bah

I'm going to call and nag you !

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourney View Post
    Lfd stuff is rare, I thought I'd found one a few weeks ago but the dealers website was out of date.

Dave , you pretty much sell everything I'm interested in and you have a gem up your sleeve that I'd love to know if I can afford before I try anything else.

I notice you have an ex dem Brio R too! Bah

I'm going to call and nag you !
    Do you have a passive pre? I have a standby LFD PA0 SE power amp that you could borrow.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Steve.

That's a really kind offer Neil, unfortunately I don't have and kind of pre amp to use. Thank you though.

Dave is going to sort me out... I think

I'm Andrew.

You're not going to use that Almarro with the Harbeths are you? There's no way that will power them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast