+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USB into Bushmaster MKI

I'm Alex.

Default USB into Bushmaster MKI

I know this may have been discussed ad nauseum here, but after searching the forum I couldn't find an answer. Hence, I apologize for the question:

Now that I'm having so much fun with the Bushmaster MKII, I am planning to repurpose my Bushmaster MKI to serve as part of another system in my house. I'm planning to feed digital signal into it from the Macbook Pro. Doesn't look like Macbook has a digital coax or a toslink out, so I figure the only remaining digital out is the USB. But how to connect the USB out into the Bushmaster's inputs?

Thanks!
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Brian.

synsei Guest

I might be wrong but I vaguely remember reading that the Mac's headphone socket doubles as an optical S/PDIF, you just need an adapter to use it

I'm Grant.

I have one of the white mark 1 usb spid convertors from m2tech and it is very good although it has quite a high output.....not using it now as I have a new one that also has the dac inside.....but they are very good sound wise
    It would do you nicely.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

synsei Guest

Or if I am correct you could avoid buying yet another box thus wasting your money and just connect to the BM1 via the optical port on your Macbook.

I'm Iain.

I also thought that all MacBook Pros had a dual function headphone socket, simply use a mini toslink to toslink cable to attach the MacBook to the Bushmaster.

several on Amazon.
    Main: LP12, Akurate DSM, Akudorik Speakers
    Computer Room: Squeezebox Touch, Caiman SEG with Dorado, LK100, Radius90, XLS200.
    Living room: PC with Audioquest Dragonfly, Pi DAC, Sky Q, IncaTech Claymore, Kans.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by isj1202 View Post
    I also thought that all MacBook Pros had a dual function headphone socket, simply use a mini toslink to toslink cable to attach the MacBook to the Bushmaster.

several on Amazon.
    Mine has worth a punt.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by isj1202 View Post

several on Amazon.
    Thank you for all your replies, guys. I wasn't aware that Mac's headphones out also offers optical out. That'll save me some money
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Or if I am correct you could avoid buying yet another box thus wasting your money and just connect to the BM1 via the optical port on your Macbook.
    Doesn't sound as good as a dedicated USB to SPDIF converter, which themselves can be bought cheap these days.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Doesn't sound as good as a dedicated USB to SPDIF converter, which themselves can be bought cheap these days.
    Can I ask why?

Is it just because the optical out from my Mac is cheap and cheerful?... are some of the cheap ones you mention, just as cheap?

Cheers...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast