+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: India launches spacecraft to Mars

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    well done India, now can the uk stop giving you £250million every year in aid?
    Well they contribute way more than £250m in terms of their valuable contribution to the NHS. And no, big parts of India need it and, I feel, we are indebted to them since Empire days, and not to mention the curry house.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Markiii View Post
    yeah they really need our foreign aid to fund that

farcical, half their country in real poverty and they spend the aid on a space program
    It is comments such as this which need to be addressed. India has repeatedly requested that we stop sending them financial aid, it is successive British governments which insist on sending it so while they do the Indian regime continues to accept it and quite right too, if those pushy Brits can't take 'no' for an answer then more fool them. Secondly, India's space program generates $2 for every dollar spent. Spread the total expenditure on their space program evenly throughout the land and every Indian citizen would benefit to the tune of 0.07 cents. Don't spend it all at once guys...

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Well they contribute way more than £250m in terms of their valuable contribution to the NHS. And no, big parts of India need it and, I feel, we are indebted to them since Empire days, and not to mention the curry house.
    Exactly. Also, don't forget that India stepped in to save Land Rover and Jaguar ensuring the security of British jobs in the process and the same goes for our steel industry. Much of the technology for India's space program has been developed in the UK and supplied to India. I think India has more than repaid any aid given many times over...

I'm martin.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Exactly. Also, don't forget that India stepped in to save Land Rover and Jaguar ensuring the security of British jobs in the process and the same goes for our steel industry. Much of the technology for India's space program has been developed in the UK and supplied to India. I think India has more than repaid any aid given many times over...
    What steel industry?, IFIRC large plants were shut by TATA and equipment shipped off to foreign parts, more redundancies last week, time to stop all aid going overseas.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by archiesdad View Post
    What steel industry?, IFIRC large plants were shut by TATA and equipment shipped off to foreign parts, more redundancies last week, time to stop all aid going overseas.
    We wouldn't have a steel industry at all if it wasn't for TATA...

I'm Bob.

TATA steel industry was a bit Freudian...

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbasrah View Post
    TATA steel industry was a bit Freudian...
    Nice one...
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm Bernie.

We'll drown in our own shit just like bacteria in a Petrie dish.
    Bernie.

I'm Mark.

I don't really care how the math is justified

They can afford a space program and a nuclear weapons program, and have half the country in Real poverty

They do not need our aid, and we should not be sending it to them, and that's absolutely our governments fault

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    I wasn't aware that India pays anything towards our NHS.

And I hate curry. Smelly muck! Yuk!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast