I'm King.

Default MY System

My analogue system:-

Denon DP80 turntable

Technics SP15

AR The Turntable

JVC QL-A7

JVC QL-7

Unfinished project with JVC TT-71 motor unit (no arms fitted yet)

Linn LP12

Technics SL150 mk1

I'm ChrisB.

Wow,..............that's quite a collection!
    Some folks on here don't even own that many records!!

Hi & welcome, by the way.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

My goodness - I thought I was OTT having four turntables and eight tonearms!

I suppose the next question is what cartridges do you use? And, of course, what are your tastes in music?

Barry

I'm King.

Quote Originally Posted by barry.d.hunt View Post
    My goodness - I thought I was OTT having four turntables and eight tonearms!

I suppose the next question is what cartridges do you use? And, of course, what are your tastes in music?

Barry
    Hehe!
    Many people may think I am mad but I have seen some ones who own more turntables than I do. By the way, I have more than thirty cartridges and about nineteen tonearms.
    The cartridges I am currently using are Entre EC-1, Denon 304, Denon 103/103R, AT 37E, AT OC9, AT33 ANV, JVC X1, Ortofon MC15 mk2 and Technics 205C mk3. I listen to all sorts of music including rock, folk, country, jazz and......

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by kcc123 View Post
    Hehe!
    Many people may think I am mad but I have seen some ones who own more turntables than I do. By the way, I have more than thirty cartridges and about nineteen tonearms.
    The cartridges I am currently using are Entre EC-1, Denon 304, Denon 103/103R, AT 37E, AT OC9, AT33 ANV, JVC X1, Ortofon MC15 mk2 and Technics 205C mk3. I listen to all sorts of music including rock, folk, country, jazz and......
    There's no way any of us are going to beat that! Thirty cartridges! - I think thats more than all the cartridges that have ever been through my hands/arms. May I ask why you have such a lot of vinyl replaying equipment, or is it simply that, like me, you find this aspect of music reproduction fascinating? Good to see that you enjoy a wide range of music.

There are many fans of the Denon 103, AT33 and AT OC9 in this forum. The Technics 205C III - now there's a 'sleeper' of a cartridge if ever there was one.

Barry

I'm King.

Some more pictures of my gear

Modified Cambridge 640P phono stage with DIY power supply

Salience/Jasmine LP2.0SE

Pioneer C21 preamplifier modded with Blackgate non polar and Rubycon capacitors
    Last edited by kcc123; 29-05-2009 at 12:30.

I'm Confused.

Hi Kcc,
    Welcome. Nice bits of kit, to put it mildly !!
    If you find youself running out of space for your TTs, please put my name at the top of the list for putting one on permanent exhibition in my lounge/listening room.It will be extremely well looked after as only friends and family will be permitted to see or hear it. Temporary loan only, of course
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm King.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by barry.d.hunt View Post
    There's no way any of us are going to beat that! Thirty cartridges! - I think thats more than all the cartridges that have ever been through my hands/arms. May I ask why you have such a lot of vinyl replaying equipment, or is it simply that, like me, you find this aspect of music reproduction fascinating? Good to see that you enjoy a wide range of music.

There are many fans of the Denon 103, AT33 and AT OC9 in this forum. The Technics 205C III - now there's a 'sleeper' of a cartridge if ever there was one.

Barry
    Hi Barry,
    When I was a lot younger, I kept buying and upgrading equipment but however the old ones were still remained in my possession. So over all the years, I have piled up different pieces of junk which I call treasure.
    Last edited by kcc123; 29-05-2009 at 12:31.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Fantastic collection those JVC decks are really interesting ,do you have a favorite ' that looks like an sds mat on the LP12.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm King.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Fantastic collection those JVC decks are really interesting ,do you have a favorite ' that looks like an sds mat on the LP12.
    You are correct; it is indeed a SDS mat on the LP12. My favorite JVC deck was a QL-70 fitted with a Grace 707arm but, sadly, I sold it to a friend years ago. That is why I have salvaged a motor unit from another damaged JVC deck and fitted on a custom plinthless base with the potential of fitting three tonearms.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast