+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spot your dad's car (I think Andre will enjoy)

I'm Shane.

Default Spot your dad's car (I think Andre will enjoy)

Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Martin.

Lots of Morris 1100s going past - my mum had one. It was agricultural, to say the least. Lots of Hillman Imps too. Still a couple of them going strong around here. Spotted a couple of Hillman Avengers - you don't see many of them still running. Note the rich people going by in their Cortina MK11s.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Shane.

I liked the Austin 1300GT right at the start. Bet it was orange! I had one briefly, real little flyer.

I'm Martin.

Yes it was orange, good guess. 'M' reg IIRC.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Bob.

Good grief, that was a trip down memory lane all right, could name every one of them, right down to the landcrab.... Brilliant stuff Shane...

synsei Guest

The missus and I really enjoyed this, especially when he began speaking about 'Grockles' and their mating rituals over the winter...

I'm ChrisB.

Great clip - what stands out a mile for me is the number of British built cars on there. Contrast that to what it might look like now!

I'm Nobody.

Thanks Shane propar cars especially the nice Ford 'Corsair' i spotted..

I'm Shane.

It's the tone of the piece that amused me. If BBC Spotlight tried laying into "grockles" in those terms now, the entire South-West tourist industry would have them in court for defamation!

I'm Jerry.

Didn't spot my dad's car-a Rover 90. The poor man's Rolls Royce as he called it. Big plushy leather seats with adjustable armrests. Under the dashboard on the right hand side was a pull out tray with lots of chromed tools. But, like most cars of that era it didn't like the winter and had to be hand cranked to start it. My dad used to get me to do it, the cheeky bugger!
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast