+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flying lesson

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post
    The x-ray showed I have a fractured fifth metatarsal and that's commonly known as the "dancer's fracture". I feel a bit deflated by that as I preferred my bad landing scenario
    You're in good company Frank, didn't David Beckham suffer the same injury a while back? Get well soon bud

I'm ChrisB.

Sorry to hear this Frank. I hope you're on the mend soon.

It's surprising how easy it is to do a lot of damage from a simple slip isn't it? I once came a cropper on a muddy track when my feet went out from under me. I was holding a loaded stalking rifle at the time, so was rather occupied with trying not to shoot myself or anyone else, landed badly and shattered my elbow.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Serves you right for trying to kill something.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm ChrisB.

Hmmm....perhaps.
    So Ali, what did you have for your dinner tonight? Rocks?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Hmmm....perhaps.
    So Ali, what did you have for your dinner tonight? Rocks?
    Relax. I wus jus yankin yer chain. I'm a country boy, done lots of grouse beating and been a ghillie many times in the past.

Gralloched my share o' beasts before this!
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm ChrisB.

Yes, I know - I see you and raise you with my deadpan 'no smiley' poker-face!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

So how many salmon have ye poached and sold to the local hotel??

Hunter S Thompson

I'm ChrisB.

Nah, I don't like salmon, they make ye smell like fish!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Exactly!

S'why I sold them!

Hunter S Thompson

I'm ChrisB.

Anyway, I took some advice from an old boy down the pub & he told me it should be done by the river on a moonless night. Trouble was, every time I tried poaching salmon his way, it was too dark to see & I didn't put enough water in the pan, so it boiled dry. It ruined the expensive fish I got from Fortnam & Masons, I'll tell ya!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast