+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flying lesson

I'm Tom.

Default Flying lesson

Last Sunday I had a rather brief but exhilarating flight down the back steps into the garden. The flight was perfect but the landing phase was shit and my undercarriage (foot) didn't appreciate the absurd angle and forces I subjected it to when I landed

Been hobbling around with a nice fat swollen foot this week and this morning I noticed my 3 middle toes were going numb and black for good measure, which is no surprise to anyone who is a Diabetic like me. Off to hospital this afty to get the damn thing x-rayed and if I am LUCKY (The Doc's words) I have busted something which should heal quickly, but a torn ligament is going to be long and protracted. Thanks.

Why am I writing this inconsequential tosh I hear you ask. It's aimed at the younger members who think they are indestructible and eat all sorts of shit like junk food, sweets and cakes by the ton who might end up being a Diabetic because of the crap they consume. I can't turn the clock back but you youngsters have it in your power to have a healthy lifestyle and diet so avoiding being a delicate old fart who is in danger of losing a few toes from a relatively simple foot injury.

Roger and out

I'm Brian.

Shit Frank , from what you thought was a sprained ankle to this . Hope it's not too serious mate. Please keep us informed.

I'm Richard.

Sound advice about healthy eating Frank

However the ligament break comment applies even to the young and fit. My daughter (21) and her semi-pro footballer boyfriend (21) are both actively involved in sport and break things. They are also both studying sports science degrees (equine in my daughters case). A bone break is always good news - a ligament tear always bad news. Primarily due to the poor blood supply to ligaments compared with bones. Bones will usually completely heal in as little as 4 weeks at their age, no more than 12 at ours. Ligaments. I'm not sure mine are healed from my type 3 sprained ankle very nearly 2 years on.

Hope you are fit soon

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye, did my Anterior Cruciate when I was 15, my knee has never been 100% since.

Hope all will be well Frank.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Tom.

The x-ray showed I have a fractured fifth metatarsal and that's commonly known as the "dancer's fracture". I feel a bit deflated by that as I preferred my bad landing scenario

I'm Dave.

In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post
    The x-ray showed I have a fractured fifth metatarsal and that's commonly known as the "dancer's fracture". I feel a bit deflated by that as I preferred my bad landing scenario
    It could have been worse. You could have ended up like Christopher Reeve...
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post
    Ouch Frank!

Hope it heals up quick.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Richard.

Yeah. They're always embarrassing. I fractured a middle toe by putting weight on it while drunk and getting up to go for a pee. Told everyone it was a karate injury

I'm Andrei.

Frank
    I must tell you that you have the best avatar in AOS and your comments are always the wittiest.
    PS don't forget me in your will.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast