+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Flash Player, can't access download site!

I'm Geoff.

Default Adobe Flash Player, can't access download site!

I've been trying to update the Adobe Flash Player on my PC, but when I visit the Adobe site and try to go onto their download page it just goes blank and flashes from black to white continually. Anybody got a clue what's going on?

I've set my browser to allow plug-ins and I've turned my ad-blocker off, so I can't see what could be interfering with access.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Sorted now. It was a browser issue of some sort. Tried a different browser and downloaded without problems, apart from the bloody Adobe site adding Google Toolbar and Google Chrome to the download package with no opt out, so I immediately had to uninstall these. Cheek!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Stu.

Flash is, for me, up and down like a bride's nightie at the moment. Refuses to work on firefox and causes all kinds of issues...fine on Chrome. Been like this for a month or so and i'm on the verge of sacking firefox completely!
    Hifi Pig snoofling out what's hot in hifi.

I'm Geoff.

That's funny, the browser I was and still am having Adobe issues with is Comodo Dragon and that's Chrome based and I was just thinking of trying their Comodo IceDragon which is Firefox derived. I think I'll have a look for a slimmed down I.E. based browser, but not actual I.E. as I've had issues with that too. There are loads to choose from.

synsei Guest

I was under the impression that Chrome had inbuilt Flash functionality and that it updates when the browser is updated, I presume this would be the same with Dragon...

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    I was under the impression that Chrome had inbuilt Flash functionality and that it updates when the browser is updated, I presume this would be the same with Dragon...
    That was what I thought. I have Flash enabled, but it won't work despite a new download of V11. It works OK on I.E.

synsei Guest

Try uninstalling Dragon and then perform a re-install Geoff, that is how I cured my Chrome woes. Incidentally your issue is the same as I experienced with Chrome, which is when you recommended Dragon to me

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Try uninstalling Dragon and then perform a re-install Geoff, that is how I cured my Chrome woes. Incidentally your issue is the same as I experienced with Chrome, which is when you recommended Dragon to me
    Yes, I'll try that. I like Comodo Dragon, it has a functionality that suits me and is a lighter load than the full Chrome package. It would be handy to keep it.

I'm going to poke about on Download.com for an additional I.E. based browser too.

synsei Guest

For an alternative to IE have a butchers at Avant Geoff. I've not used it for a few years but it used to be the best IE based browser by a country mile, it's quick too

I'm Geoff.

I had a look at Avant Dave. It's a pretty big package and appears to come with a lot of features I don't need. I think I'll keep looking for something slimline that's I.E. derived (yes I've tried Slimbrowser in the past).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast