+ Reply to Thread
Page 323 of 375 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

I'm Paul.

Is that a nas grant or just a HDD? I've been looking at qnap and synogy nas's but they don't come cheap do they.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    Is that a nas grant or just a HDD? I've been looking at qnap and synogy nas's but they don't come cheap do they.

no, just a hdd. plug it into my laptop for storing my music. one im using is full. it can just end up a back up. I can always take some non essential music off it and store more as it will just be an extra backup.
    6tb will last a long time. im unlikely to get that much music. I have another 6tb on my other laptop so they will be mirrors but attached to different pcs.
    They can be written to from either laptop tho via ethernet
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Arrived and loading up with music. Will take some time with well over a 1000 albums, many in HD.
    No light on front or on top oddly
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

How's the HDD working out grant? I've had a lot of WD stuff over the years and never had any of it go pop.

Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    How's the HDD working out grant? I've had a lot of WD stuff over the years and never had any of it go pop.

Seems OK. Ave speed but dead silent. Quite stable on desk too.
    See how it goes
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Walk though in pics for record ripping

1. Usb capable phono stage
    2. Clean record
    3. Find record info on discogs or input it manually.
    4. Start recording. I use 24/96. Takes up a lot more room but imo it is better. You can set up the level output as we both on the unit or if you don't have one with vc u can do it in program I think.
    Will add to it later
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

OK although the titles etc are there no track info or album art is there. You need to go find it.
    Discogs again is in the program and hopefully will find it. 1,2&3.
    4, and it's there.

5 and we are finished the recording and are into the edits section and track splits.
    As you can see it's put splits in where the track info says they should be. This is usually out by a bit and continues to get out further each track due to spaces.

No matter we can easily move them. A pair of headphones for editing is really best.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Waveform at bottom has been enlarged with the + button. The shaded bit at beginning shows where I've deleted the needle down and run in.
    All spaced correctly by adjusting position of flags via click n hold.
    Second side done same although they are currently 2 sides here they follow on to each other.
    Then comes click removal. I set mine quite low but still have the bass and treble protection on. Don't want to, say remove a cymbol etc.
    Second side you see it found
    2951 potentials, repairing 2487 and ignoring 408 percussion and 56 bass.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Noise hiss is always an issue here so we shall remove most of it.
    In 1 you see a yellow vertical band I put in on a silent part to highlight the extra noise.
    That will now be removed from whole side of recording.
    You need to do this twice as each side in thus area is classed separate.
    I saved the noise floor I highlighted in side one so I can just load it up for side 2.

4.Then save whole project.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Music file is then sent via ethernet to all drives and picked up by programs.
    Here in jriver and now ready to play
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread