+ Reply to Thread
Page 324 of 324 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 3240

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

  1. #3231
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 60,677
    I'm Grant.

    Default



    Sounds great on cans
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

    **Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

  2. #3232
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 60,677
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    As comparison a recent cd.. Recent purchase on cd... love madison blues


    Both sound similar, quality wise tbh.

    hope it helps anyone who needs to rip something off vinyl or tape etc. Took a while to be able to get it rght most times, as im not very good usually at these things.
    Ive a few old tapes of family stuff i should be able to do now I know how
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

    **Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

  3. #3233
    Join Date: Aug 2014

    Location: Aarhus, Denmark

    Posts: 242
    I'm Peter.

    Default

    Great guide. I have been meaning to transfer my vinyl to computer for ages now. I bought a Terratec Riia to USB device 10 years ago. I ripped a few tracks theough the MC cards in a Nac 62 into that and it sounded far better than you would have thought. The cart was a Denon 103R on a Morch UP4 arm on my "supered" Thorens TD 160 mk ii. Now I have an ESI Juli@ sound card and Vinyl Studio so I can start any day I want ... I just would like a new cart to begin with.
    DIY DCB1 buffer / EAR 516 power / Quad ESL 57 (One Thing bass panels)
    Vinyl: Empire 698 / Shure M91ED / Rod Elliott mm stage onboard DCB1
    Digital: Synology NAS / JRiver on Win 10 PC / Nuforce S192U USB to spdif/ Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

  4. #3234
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 60,677
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Thanks sure the better everything is the better chance you have. Really quiet tt and cart will be biggest bonus
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

    **Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

  5. #3235
    Join Date: Apr 2010

    Location: Bristol, since 1978. Current house since 1996!

    Posts: 598
    I'm Chris.

    Default

    try.....Mike Henderson and the Blue Bloods.
    Chris.

  6. #3236
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 60,677
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    ive heard one album of theirs.. cant remember name tho.. was ok actually.. rock blues

    Edit.. it was first blood
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

    **Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

  7. #3237
    Join Date: Oct 2016

    Location: Hampshire

    Posts: 296
    I'm Mel.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    Is that a nas grant or just a HDD? I've been looking at qnap and synogy nas's but they don't come cheap do they.

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    I can vouch for the Synology units. I use 2 (double) drive boxes myself.

    I also do IT support for small businesses and regularly deploy the Synology 218 to centralize file storage and simplify backups. Never given me a problem in the past 10 years i have been using them. Still got my first unit so given 10 years use they are great value.

    In my home they are connected direct to my router and supply all my music via wifi to many different devices and streamers. Also have cloud access to it setup so i can play my music when away on hols.

    Like Grant i use Vinyl Studio to rip my records and the Synology's keep the rips nice a secure via its inbuilt raid system.

    Mel

  8. #3238
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 60,677
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    I can vouch for the Synology units. I use 2 (double) drive boxes myself.

    I also do IT support for small businesses and regularly deploy the Synology 218 to centralize file storage and simplify backups. Never given me a problem in the past 10 years i have been using them. Still got my first unit so given 10 years use they are great value.

    In my home they are connected direct to my router and supply all my music via wifi to many different devices and streamers. Also have cloud access to it setup so i can play my music when away on hols.

    Like Grant i use Vinyl Studio to rip my records and the Synology's keep the rips nice a secure via its inbuilt raid system.

    Mel
    I bought an entry Synology unit from amazon a while ago but i couldnt get it to work. it was either faulty, convoluted or i was faulty. it went back.. I will stick with the old fashioned way for now. shame as i hoped to eventually have it working like yours.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

    **Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

  9. #3239
    Join Date: Oct 2016

    Location: Hampshire

    Posts: 296
    I'm Mel.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Thanks sure the better everything is the better chance you have. Really quiet tt and cart will be biggest bonus

    Nice overview Grant. I know lots like Audacity (and it is very good) but Vinyl Studio is way faster to use and the artwork and track splitting/listing really is nearly as good as cd ripping.

    I have rarely found the need to use the track cleanup after ripping cleaned records but find it useful for some older rarer records which are in not so good condition.

    For the digitizing I use a Furutech GT40a but a cheap Rega phono mini A2D is a great way to get into vinyl ripping. It only handles CD level resolution and not 24 bit - however i wonder how many would really hear the difference if not asked to compare. I tend to capture the rip in 24 bit as you do but then deploy it in Apple lossless for cloud use (all conversion done as part of Vinyl studio workflow of course). I do this as my main IT system is Apple (or Linux) based so I have used iTunes for too many years to want to move away from it. Of course the Synology NAS lets me put DSD etc into the mix.

    Mel
    Last edited by Cycleallday; Yesterday at 12:09.

  10. #3240
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 60,677
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    Nice overview Grant. I know lots like Audacity (and it is very good) but Vinyl Studio is way faster to use and the artwork and track splitting/listing really is nearly as good as cd ripping.

    I have rarely found the need to use the track cleanup after ripping cleaned records but find it useful for some older rarer records which are in not so good condition.

    For the digitizing I use a Furutech GT40a but a cheap Rega phono mini A2D is a great way to get into vinyl ripping. It only handles CD level resolution and not 24 bit - however i wonder how many would really hear the difference if not asked to compare. I tend to capture the rip in 24 bit as you do but then deploy it in Apple lossless for cloud use (all conversion done as part of Vinyl studio workflow of course). I do this as my main IT system is Apple (or Linux) based so I have used iTunes for too many years to want to move away from it. Of course the Synology NAS lets me put DSD etc into the mix.

    Mel
    I use my project ds2 usb stage... great bit of kit.

    decided to quick change carts. put my Shure 55 on. its already set up on same headshell so just have to do a quick check the set track weight and check the bubble for level.
    great cart with an original stylus

    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

    **Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •