Page 324 of 375 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

I'm Grant.

Sounds great on cans
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

As comparison a recent cd.. Recent purchase on cd... love madison blues

Both sound similar, quality wise tbh.

hope it helps anyone who needs to rip something off vinyl or tape etc. Took a while to be able to get it rght most times, as im not very good usually at these things.
    Ive a few old tapes of family stuff i should be able to do now I know how
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Great guide. I have been meaning to transfer my vinyl to computer for ages now. I bought a Terratec Riia to USB device 10 years ago. I ripped a few tracks theough the MC cards in a Nac 62 into that and it sounded far better than you would have thought. The cart was a Denon 103R on a Morch UP4 arm on my "supered" Thorens TD 160 mk ii. Now I have an ESI Juli@ sound card and Vinyl Studio so I can start any day I want ... I just would like a new cart to begin with.
    I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm Grant.

Thanks sure the better everything is the better chance you have. Really quiet tt and cart will be biggest bonus
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

try.....Mike Henderson and the Blue Bloods.
    Chris.

I'm Grant.

ive heard one album of theirs.. cant remember name tho.. was ok actually.. rock blues

Edit.. it was first blood
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    Is that a nas grant or just a HDD? I've been looking at qnap and synogy nas's but they don't come cheap do they.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    I can vouch for the Synology units. I use 2 (double) drive boxes myself.

I also do IT support for small businesses and regularly deploy the Synology 218 to centralize file storage and simplify backups. Never given me a problem in the past 10 years i have been using them. Still got my first unit so given 10 years use they are great value.

In my home they are connected direct to my router and supply all my music via wifi to many different devices and streamers. Also have cloud access to it setup so i can play my music when away on hols.

Like Grant i use Vinyl Studio to rip my records and the Synology's keep the rips nice a secure via its inbuilt raid system.

Mel

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    I can vouch for the Synology units. I use 2 (double) drive boxes myself.

I also do IT support for small businesses and regularly deploy the Synology 218 to centralize file storage and simplify backups. Never given me a problem in the past 10 years i have been using them. Still got my first unit so given 10 years use they are great value.

In my home they are connected direct to my router and supply all my music via wifi to many different devices and streamers. Also have cloud access to it setup so i can play my music when away on hols.

Like Grant i use Vinyl Studio to rip my records and the Synology's keep the rips nice a secure via its inbuilt raid system.

Mel
    I bought an entry Synology unit from amazon a while ago but i couldnt get it to work. it was either faulty, convoluted or i was faulty. it went back.. I will stick with the old fashioned way for now. shame as i hoped to eventually have it working like yours.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Thanks sure the better everything is the better chance you have. Really quiet tt and cart will be biggest bonus

Nice overview Grant. I know lots like Audacity (and it is very good) but Vinyl Studio is way faster to use and the artwork and track splitting/listing really is nearly as good as cd ripping.

I have rarely found the need to use the track cleanup after ripping cleaned records but find it useful for some older rarer records which are in not so good condition.

For the digitizing I use a Furutech GT40a but a cheap Rega phono mini A2D is a great way to get into vinyl ripping. It only handles CD level resolution and not 24 bit - however i wonder how many would really hear the difference if not asked to compare. I tend to capture the rip in 24 bit as you do but then deploy it in Apple lossless for cloud use (all conversion done as part of Vinyl studio workflow of course). I do this as my main IT system is Apple (or Linux) based so I have used iTunes for too many years to want to move away from it. Of course the Synology NAS lets me put DSD etc into the mix.

Mel
    Last edited by Cycleallday; 16-11-2019 at 12:09.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    Nice overview Grant. I know lots like Audacity (and it is very good) but Vinyl Studio is way faster to use and the artwork and track splitting/listing really is nearly as good as cd ripping.

I have rarely found the need to use the track cleanup after ripping cleaned records but find it useful for some older rarer records which are in not so good condition.

For the digitizing I use a Furutech GT40a but a cheap Rega phono mini A2D is a great way to get into vinyl ripping. It only handles CD level resolution and not 24 bit - however i wonder how many would really hear the difference if not asked to compare. I tend to capture the rip in 24 bit as you do but then deploy it in Apple lossless for cloud use (all conversion done as part of Vinyl studio workflow of course). I do this as my main IT system is Apple (or Linux) based so I have used iTunes for too many years to want to move away from it. Of course the Synology NAS lets me put DSD etc into the mix.

Mel
    I use my project ds2 usb stage... great bit of kit.

decided to quick change carts. put my Shure 55 on. its already set up on same headshell so just have to do a quick check the set track weight and check the bubble for level.
    great cart with an original stylus

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread