+ Reply to Thread
Page 359 of 375 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

Alex_UK is online now Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Thanks Grant, that's good to know. I'm thinking of going wireless for Teams calls, but usually only me in the room so NC not really an issue. Food for thought...

(My boss has some strange looking ones with much larger discs on top - looks like he has mushrooms in his ears! Has earned him the nickname "Uhura"!)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Thanks Grant, that's good to know. I'm thinking of going wireless for Teams calls, but usually only me in the room so NC not really an issue. Food for thought...

(My boss has some strange looking ones with much larger discs on top - looks like he has mushrooms in his ears! Has earned him the nickname "Uhura"!)
    fit well these and unobtrusive. total time usage is 45 hrs using case to recharge the buds, tho between charges you get a decent time, as no noise reduction (anc) uses lot of battery. audio on a call was really excellent on both ends. music sound good too.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Alex_UK is online now Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Thanks, added to my shortlist! (Just got a new work laptop, and will make sure the Bluetooth works okay with daughter’s cheapies before committing to anything, that can wait until New Year!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

ordered a new tv

LED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 43 inch with Freeview Play. got a good price on it and its a little bigger than my 37 incher.
    dunno when itll get fitted mind, as i will have to wait on someone to fit it. not sure if i will wall fit it or just as ive got current one, on a wall shelf.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I think many folk mount them too high up on the wall, and doesn't make for relaxing viewing, especially if you're sat quite close to it. If you have it sited where your current one is, it might seem a little higher up anyway, with it being bigger.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I think many folk mount them too high up on the wall, and doesn't make for relaxing viewing, especially if you're sat quite close to it. If you have it sited where your current one is, it might seem a little higher up anyway, with it being bigger.
    i agree. mine is centre of tv at eye height when im sitting. im maybe 8 ft away. as one i have has a fairly big frame, this new one wont be physically much taller(inch or so) but a little wider. The wall bracket has a couple of glass shelfs. They are not especially stable but as long as it fits(central stand as opposed to feet), i doubt it will be much heavier so should be ok.. If not or im dubious i will just get an adjustable vesa one.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

43 is quite a bit bigger than 37, you'll be able to see what's going on in the films now

If you don't have a big telly then you're missing out on the only positive thing about living in the future.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    43 is quite a bit bigger than 37, you'll be able to see what's going on in the films now

If you don't have a big telly then you're missing out on the only positive thing about living in the future.
    I didn't want that to be true, but I really can't think of anything else.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

We have both a 37" and a 43" telly and find either acceptable in their respective environments. The 37" sits higher than the 43" - and I have to say I prefer watching the 43"; not because of its size but because of the viewing height relative to the sofa. The viewing distance to either screen is similar (~ 2m).
    Barry

The previous owner of our house mounted the TV on the wall above the fireplace, in my opinion it was much too high, but luckily I was able to hide all the cabling behind a box canvas picture that fits perfectly and the TV is in a much better position in a cabinet.

Your new one looks good, Grant. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alex

+ Reply to Thread