+ Reply to Thread
Page 331 of 375 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

I'm Grant.

Polished up my moth this morning . Not sure I will use it much again now.

Still almost perfect tbh, and been lightly used. Great machines
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    They have now found the issue and are writing a fix which should get applied.
    Dunno how long tho. Cut out today so the Web protection is off again
    An update on this issue now. Mwb have written a beta fix issue which I've downloaded. You need to enable beta in settings..
    It's now working fine(so far).
    The nice chap at roon have given me another month to play with.
    Very good of them.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

That update seems to have fixed it.
    I've been using jriver again to see if I miss roon..

Also although taken 4 days bit by bit I've tidied up the cd rack as there were about twice the amount there should be piled on it. Added a thick glass shelf on top too and popped a few bottles up there as decoration lol

Can see Mr pinky again too.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm fuckoff.

That’s the most interesting selection of whisky there for me.

How is the Mortlach?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post
    That’s the most interesting selection of whisky there for me.

How is the Mortlach?
    They are all currently still sealed so I can only give an appreciative glance at moment.
    Already have too many open. Got quite a few more sealed ones too. I will hopefully get round to them before I snuff it
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm fuckoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    They are all currently still sealed so I can only give an appreciative glance at moment.
    Already have too many open. Got quite a few more sealed ones too. I will hopefully get round to them before I snuff it
    That's the dream eh? Open and enjoy yourself!

I'm Grant.

the mortlach, nikki and bladnoch ive never tried before. the others, yes but in different years obviously. whisky as you know is usually like wine and variable with vintage

by that i mean the smaller batches ... the big turnover ones are more likely to be very similar, and blended stuff pretty much bang the same
    Last edited by struth; 13-02-2020 at 15:20.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Decided to try for a years membership of Roon. I quite like it, even if I actually think jriver is better in cans.
    It's a better experience especially when your a bit immobile. Just sorting out how to pay. As I don't do credit cards..
    Like to thank roon again for the extra trials. Top marks
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Good stuff Grant, glad you like it.
    The experience of enjoying your music, especially with Tidal and Qobuz integrated, is the best I’ve seen by far.

Sound quality is moot, but I think because of the need to use a “core” computer running the software, your privvy to computer gremlins somewhat...which may explain peoples different ideas of sound quality.

Stay away from windows, stick to a stripped back version of Linux and you won’t go far wrong imo.
    Quality of Roon endpoint matters too.

Softwares awesome.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Good stuff Grant, glad you like it.
    The experience of enjoying your music, especially with Tidal and Qobuz integrated, is the best I’ve seen by far.

Sound quality is moot, but I think because of the need to use a “core” computer running the software, your privvy to computer gremlins somewhat...which may explain peoples different ideas of sound quality.

Stay away from windows, stick to a stripped back version of Linux and you won’t go far wrong imo.
    Quality of Roon endpoint matters too.

Softwares awesome.
    Fortunately my core is on a fast laptop with ssd and runs very well and pc does nothing else normally. Only other thing thaat pc does is some ripping when ive got a vinyl to rip.. pretty much exhasted that now; just when i was getting the hang of it
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread