+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 375 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

I'm Grant.

Think they are t90k's Paul... saw a pair going on the bay france for about 200 euros inc post. Thanks for the info. they look better in the flesh tbh as the flash showed up flaw that are not normally seen. Got them off Kondo of this parish in a p/ex for some speaker cable. The doping was not in great condition so I kinda redistributed it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

They're looking pretty decent Grant. You haven't said what they sound like. Are the KEFs going in the shed?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    They're looking pretty decent Grant. You haven't said what they sound like. Are the KEFs going in the shed?
    Dunno yet, not really had a chance. Will try tomorrow. got a set of stands at the boys house in storage that should be the right height. The Kefs certainly wont be going to the shed Shiver me timbers at the thought
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Got the JMLab's onto stands and da muzac tiz a playin'.

sound very clean. good mid and highs with just enough base for me. well maybe too much but its controlled.

edit. on reflection the bass is fine. nice and tight..they are rather good.

and i see what or rather hear what Paul was getting at
    Last edited by struth; 14-06-2015 at 12:44.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

They look rather good. Maybe some open cell foam port bungs might tune the bass to your liking Grant.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    They look rather good. Maybe some open cell foam port bungs might tune the bass to your liking Grant.
    Think the bass is fine Geoff it was i think because they were a little clise to me. just doing an a-b versus the Kefs.....bet you will have an idea what will win
    They will make an excellent bookshelf or standmount speaker though. may sell them for funds as i have so damn many sets. trouble is they are one of the prettiest speakers ive seen with grills off i am tempted to keep as well...decision for later i think. They are chalk n cheese to when i got them though.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Looking good, Grant. What do you reckon to the inverted dome tweeters? I had a pair of Neats fitted with similar Focal tweeters, and they were really rather good.

I'm Grant.

Your right Peter they do sound rather good (seem to have more drive and clarity)and being under the driver does seem to work with them. actually one of the best speakers of its size i have heard and one of the heaviest..have put them into my store room for safekeeping til i decide whats to be done. thats 3 spare sets of pretty good speakers ive got now...think i will have to buy those sheets of good cardboard and make some boxes up.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Your right Peter they do sound rather good (seem to have more drive and clarity)and being under the driver does seem to work with them. actually one of the best speakers of its size i have heard and one of the heaviest..have put them into my store room for safekeeping til i decide whats to be done. thats 3 spare sets of pretty good speakers ive got now...think i will have to buy those sheets of good cardboard and make some boxes up.
    Over the years you have made changes to improve and suit the sound that you like. I suspect that it sounds really good! I have to say that back in 1992 or so, at a high end store that I worked at, I got grief for liking inexpensive speakers that 'grooved'. Everyone compared $2500 speakers to the $300 to $750 speakers that I liked. No surprise that the expensive Proac Response 2 were better, but it was always fun to hear the less expensive speakers!
    Vertere SG-1 Turntable / Audio Note IO Gold MC
    Audio Note AN-S8L MC Transformer
    Audio Note Pallas I/C (SUT-Preamp)
    Audio Note M6 Phono Preamp
    Audio Note CDT 3/Audio Note 4.1X Balanced Signature DAC
    Audio Note Kassai Monoblocks
    Audio Note Sogon Interconnects
    Audio Note Pallas Interconnects
    Audio Note AN-Vx Interconnects
    Audio Note Sogon Speaker Cables
    Audio Note AN-E SPE HE speakers
    Audio Note ISIS Power Cables
    Loricraft PRC-4 Record Cleaning Machine

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkie37 View Post
    Over the years you have made changes to improve and suit the sound that you like. I suspect that it sounds really good! I have to say that back in 1992 or so, at a high end store that I worked at, I got grief for liking inexpensive speakers that 'grooved'. Everyone compared $2500 speakers to the $300 to $750 speakers that I liked. No surprise that the expensive Proac Response 2 were better, but it was always fun to hear the less expensive speakers!
    Money doesn't always mean a great sound. and of course everyone has differing tastes in sound as well Don. Then there is the listening space and furnishings to take into account....then you have to think of the walls and floors; then the neighbours/ wife/ kids ; the list goes on.

I currently have 4 sets of pretty decent speakers... Tannoy d70(637's) , IMF super compacts, Kef Cara,s, and JMLabs prodige's....oh yes and a set of Cantons as well..... of the 4 mains, the Tannoys would be thought of as the best and dearest, but my preference within my situ is the Kef's....at the moment lol. tbh there is not much in it with them all,s the all do some things better, but such is the fihi world we love.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread