+ Reply to Thread
Page 311 of 375 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

I'm Grant.

Going to revisit my first Telefunken build, or rebuild.. These arrived badly made, and even worse packed... shoddy or shocking pick your term.

I was advised to start again but I like a challenge so rebuilt and improved them.

A decent result for me. Better than I thought

[IMG]20150714_171507 by grant brown, on Flickr[/IMG]

as you can see they are about 3 ohm speakers hence why I built the double ones producing about 6 ohms
    Last edited by struth; 16-08-2019 at 09:46.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

What a transformation you did there Grant. Must have involved many hours. Yes shoddy/shocking to a thing of beauty.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Wow! - you have been busy. Lovely work - well done!
    Barry

I'm Grant.

My Oppo cans needed new earpads so got a set from China.
    Need to trim them a bit and reuse the backplates

Like new again
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Just a mention that, very sadly, i am going to be selling all my vinyl, TT, carts, arm and cleaner in near future, due to health issues. Im not able to handle the vinyl so easy now and its better off in safer hands I think as most of it is in great shape. been collecting vinyl for 50 years so it will be a miss..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Just a mention that, very sadly, i am going to be selling all my vinyl, TT, carts, arm and cleaner in near future, due to health issues. Im not able to handle the vinyl so easy now and its better off in safer hands I think as most of it is in great shape. been collecting vinyl for 50 years so it will be a miss..
    Sad news Grant.

When digital is so easy to manage, it makes a lot of sense to go that way.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Disappointed to hear that Grant, especially as you have been a collector for such a long time
    Last edited by rmcin626; 07-09-2019 at 15:22.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Brian.

End of an era mate
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Grant.

Indeed. But needs must I guess. About 400 records still in collection so it takes up a lot of room too.
    As well doing while I'm able.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

In the end it's the message, not the medium, in our world?
    I had a 6 foot by 6 foot (ex-wine shop display) to hold my 1000-ish LPs, but now I sit in same space at the iMac listening viaitunes HDD into my Zigmahornets.
    Don't miss the LPs at all. Can call up the music quickly, though, in these spotify days, that's quite usual now.
    Enjoy the space.
    Chris.

+ Reply to Thread