+ Reply to Thread
Page 282 of 375 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Quoted specification for the SP1 is 2.0 - 4.0g VTF and 25deg VTA. If it were me, I would add 0.5g to your VTF.

Also, be aware that the effective tip mass for the SP1 is 2.6mg! Anything greater than 1mg will almost certainly damage the inner grooves, so I wouldn't use the cartridge to play your most treasured records.
    decided to up the vtf by 0.25gm to 2.25gm will give that a few plays to see if there is any difference.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Like your new B&O cartridge, daftee. Like Barry, I've also always rated them. A question for Barry (unless you know): were the cartridges actually made by B&O, or did someone else make them to their spec, such as Ortofon?

I've always wondered that, as whenever I hear one of those B&Os, it rather reminds me of an SPU!

Marco.
    There is no connection, apart from both being Danish companies. The fixed-coil generator of the Ortofon cartridges used a principle called "variable magnetic shunt", whereby the motion of the stylus modulates the reluctance of the magnetic 'circuit', and hence the flux threading the fixed coils. B&O cartridges also modulate the magnetic reluctance, but by different mechanical means: best classified as 'moving iron'.

It's been a long time since I gave my B&O SP6 a spin, so cannot really comment on how the sound compares with that of an SPU, or any of the early Ortofon cartridges (such as the SL15E or the S15TE (with integral transformer)).
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Default I Think I Am Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

very pleased with this b&o cart. a rare commodity of mm, high output and silky smooth yet detailed. bit of a bargain imo.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

How does it compare to an 'upgraded' M55E?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    How does it compare to an 'upgraded' M55E?
    better imv. very mc like tbh. quiet tracker too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    better imv. very mc like tbh. quiet tracker too
    Hmm. I find the ADC's like that. Better than many MC's in the mid/top actually. Bugger to sort the VTA on for quiet tracking though.

I'm Grant.

i say mm but its really a mi. ive got an adc xlm too. this is better than that too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Moving iron, moving armature, induced magnet..........variations on a theme!

Which XLM? I've heard a lot of difference between the XLM III, XLM II and XLM I. The VLM's don't compete.

Never got my mits on a ZLM, but I'd like to.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

There are very few cartridges which are truly 'moving magnet'. Most are either induced magnet (e.g. ADCs), moving iron (e.g. B&O and Decca) or variable reluctance (e.g Ortofon). To be pedantic, such cartridge should be referred to as "fixed coil" in order to distinguish them from "moving coil" designs; but the term MM is a convenient portmanteau term, and one which is now well established in the audio lexicon.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Moving iron, moving armature, induced magnet..........variations on a theme!

Which XLM? I've heard a lot of difference between the XLM III, XLM II and XLM I. The VLM's don't compete.

Never got my mits on a ZLM, but I'd like to.
    xlm integra 1 i think. although ive had to put a 2 stylus on it.. fits fine and the 2 many say was the better.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread