+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 375 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

I'm Andrew.

Looking good Grant. How are you finding the treble response?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    Looking good Grant. How are you finding the treble response?
    Seems very decent being driven by the wad. The wizzer cones do a good job. My hearing doesnt go super high these days but you can usualy feel it ifits not there even if you dont hear it.
    They are a tad big a!d powerful for my needs tbh so they wont get much use i fear. May sell them and recoup my outlay later on. Not that many folk these days rate fullrange speakers which is a shame as well done they have a lot going for them. Wouldnt be a problem if more was needed as a supertweeter could always be added..
    Ive got my first loves back in now...the Telefunkens listening to of all things the OST of Paint your Wagon....marvelous stuff
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Got the itch quicker than expected and dug out one of the Rogers cabs.
    Decent strength in these although not the easiest to work on I think.

Cut out the old tweeter to accommodate a five inch wizzer driver. The eight inch driver fits in the main hole.

Tidied the shed a bit toi

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hope you're going to enclose the back of the smaller unit and roll it in with a biggish cap.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hope you're going to enclose the back of the smaller unit and roll it in with a biggish cap.
    Funny you should say that Geoff Just my thoughts too, although I also have another plan in mind too depending if I can be bothered. the rogers has 3 terminals and I fancied utilising them. as its likely to be my last effort.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    If you wanted to lower the sensitivity of your Wad it would only need the addition of a couple of resistors.

I know you have replaced one of the coupling caps so should be easy for you with some guidance, glad to help.
    This is the out section of the integrated version of the amp Alan. Cant find the power version but other than the selector and vc I think they are identical

spec

Power Output............................................ 15w/c
    Operation......................................... .........Ultralinear
    Tubes............................................. ..........4 x EL84
    .................................................. .....2 x ECF80
    Input Sensitivity....................................... ..380mV
    Input Impedence ........................................100KOhm
    Frequency Response.................................17Hz to 30kHz (-1dB)
    Distortion........................................ ..........0.02% at 1kHz, 1W output
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

OK Grant, I'd forgotten that the WAD used the feedback resistor R32/33 to generate the bias for the input pentode.

It's still very easy though, increase the value of the 22R resistor R8/9 to 47R or even 68R.
    The input sensitivity will then be 855mV for 47R, or 1.14V for 68R.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Grant.

Thanks again Alan for your time and trouble. I will have a look see what i can do when a bit better ..... Sounds pretty simple and if i dont have those values i will get some in.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Duncan.

Hi Grant

You may like to try this front end for your Kel84, I've had some good results with it.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by tubehunter View Post
    Hi Grant

You may like to try this front end for your Kel84, I've had some good results with it.

That looks like a major redesign Duncan including the valve. Might just be too complex for this old yin. What benefits did it bring?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread