+ Reply to Thread
Page 277 of 375 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

I'm Grant.

yup, this has been quiet. nothing much going on here audio wise. look forward to your visit brian.. seriously considering doing away with vinyl, as it gets little use these days. shame as its so good. need ali to fit some new pots in the psu unit. thats all thats wrong with it, and its surprisingly clean.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Was polishing up the jbe yesterday and took a few snaps.

Still one of the prettiest decks around imv. Works well too
    Hmmm, looks like your Indian spice cupboard needs refilling . . .
    Current kit :
    Music library (FLAC) on IMac or streamed via Qobuz. Fed wirelessly to Raspberry Pi / Allo Digione and into Lyngdorf digital amplification. This handles room correction and drives a pair of Quad 2905 electrostatics.

I'm Chris.

Everything has its time? I came to same conclusion, after the LPs had sat here untouched for (at least) 10 years! They went to a friend withRecord shop (his pension?) followed by my 'Custom' Rock +Merlin. The CDs only get played in the car......I think of them as 'Hard copy/Reserve' in case the HDD fails! Though I haven't ventured into Blu-tooth etc, so need to catch up?
    yup, this has been quiet. nothing much going on here audio wise. look forward to your visit brian.. seriously considering doing away with vinyl, as it gets little use these days. shame as its so good. need ali to fit some new pots in the psu unit. thats all thats wrong with it, and its surprisingly clean.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris.

I'm Grant.

remember that deck... very pretty
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

remember that deck... very pretty
    Yes. When I bought it, I thought "Why does all hi-fi have to be boring black boxes?". So I got a spray-painter friend to (literally!) give it some sparkle! He added the decoration himself. Max T liked it when I showed him.

It's still somewhere in our community.
    I've only got 3 LPs left. 'The original cover 'Catch a fire' by Bob Marley ('Zippo' cover!)Being left in my will to a friend.
    Santana's triple album, 'Lotus' that unfolds and unfolds across the room!
    John + Yoko 'Wedding Album' -apparently worth a lot.
    And.......a Julio Iglesias picture disc!!
    Chris.

I'm Grant.

Ive reduced my vinyl collection a fair amount but what I have left is nice stuff and will only sell if I got out of vinyl or was desperate
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Default I Think I Am Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

Some shots of a clear vinyl on deck... looks great.

Last edited by struth; 13-04-2018 at 10:55.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Enough to trip you out there Grant, I wouldn't fancy putting one of them whilst half cut, some damage could be done there.
    A very nice system btw bet it sounds as good as good as it looks!

I'm Grant.

Lol. Hope not
    Just been trying out my new tonearm set tool. Works really well with the geodisc. Gets it spot on. The trouble with geo is following the raised line all the way bang on to centre of the tonearm base pivot. This makes it a breeze.

PS. I was a little out before using my eye alone.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Not seen those before Grant.

+ Reply to Thread