+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: im so sick

I'm Nobody.

Default im so sick

Last edited by Rare Bird; 27-10-2013 at 08:07.

I'm Geoff.

Wot's up Andr'e.

I find Google OK. I used to use Altavista for searches quite a lot, but it's now defunct!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Francois.

What p****s you off about Google?

Their stupidly expensive new headquarters off Tottenham Ct Rd?
    Their annoying smugness?
    Their Web browser Chrome?
    Their weird and almost unusable pair of interactive glasses?
    Shall I carry on?
    Francois, Bergerac, France
    Source component/s:
    Musical Fidelity M1 Dac, Allo Digi One, Sony SCD-XE800, AVID Ingenium Twin arm, Audio Note Arm One, Groovemaster II 12in, Audio Note IQ3 MM, Denon DL103R MC, Croft Basic 25, TQ Iridium Phonostage, Puresound T10 Stepup Transformer, Zavfino majestic tonearm cable
    Amplification:
    Audio Note OTO PP, Dussun V6i
    Loudspeakers:
    Triangle Comete ES, Klispch RP600M
    Cables/stands:
    Quadraspire, Belden 9497

I'm Marc.

http://how-to.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_...ogle_Analytics

Simply also add

www.google.com

And any of their other properties you'd like to have nothing to do with and magic, a google free internet experience.

It still wierds me out when I go on the internet on a computer that's not mine and realise it's covered in adverts!

Also, I recommend Ghostery and Script Block as a means to a faster, cleaner and generally more plesant internet experience.

I'm Martin.

I never really notice the ads. Doesn't bother me at all. It is interesting that they tailor them for you using cookies, though. There was a bloke on the Telegraph website who came on the comments slagging off the Telegraph. Of course he didn't realise that 99% of the commentators there regard the Telegraph as being left wing and complicit so he was preaching to the choir, really. Then he started going on about the ads, saying it was typical of the Telegraph demographic that they should be flogging SAGA insurance and incontinence solutions. He stopped when someone pointed out that everyone got different ads and they were ads aimed at him specifically.

I seem to get a lot of ads advertising Ukrainian women. I wasn't interested initially but over time I find I am tempted to try one on sale or return...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neal.

Don't like Google, then you need to https://duckduckgo.com
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I never really notice the ads. It is interesting that they tailor them for you using cookies, though.

I seem to get a lot of ads advertising Ukrainian women. I wasn't interested initially but over time I find I am tempted to try one on sale or return...
    I 'de-cookie' my PC about once every three days. I can't stand clutter on it and get rid of all temporary files regularly.

As for the Ukrainian women, they are like the 'Thai brides'. as long as you have a decent cash flow you'll be OK. When their spending ability (of your dosh) fizzles out, they're off!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    I'm so sick....of ferkin Google
    please discuss
    On the whole I am comfortable with Google's search engine and browser, however one thing that really hacks me off about the company is that they give us really useful tools to play with and then....WHAM!!!...snatch them away again.

Example: iGoogle

Basically, for those who don't know, iGoogle is a personal homepage which you can customise in various ways. It has a library of really useful widgets which can be added to the page, such as currency converters, news feeds, maps, measurement converters etc, etc, etc. In four days however Google will stop support for iGoogle and it will cease to be. Pfft!!!

For those who do use iGoogle there is a chink of light, igHome.com is basically the same thing, although not quite as pretty and with a far smaller widget library. It'll do though Pig, it'll do...
    Last edited by synsei; 26-10-2013 at 23:43.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    . When their spending ability (of your dosh) fizzles out, they're off!
    You realy think that my sheer animal magnetism would not be enough to keep them, even if living a life of grinding poverty on a council estate just west of Grimsby? I'll reconsider then.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

For those of you who like the usability of Google's 'Chrome' browser, but don't like the invasive and overseeing nature of it, try Torch or (even better) Comodo Dragon browsers, as they are Chrome derived and work just as well, but have none of the Google 'Chrome' surveillance habits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast