+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problems with Flash player - anyone had similar and fixed it ?

I'm Mike.

Default Problems with Flash player - anyone had similar and fixed it ?

I'm hoping someone has had the problem and fixed it.....

Flash used to work fine

Now when I want to listen to samples on Amazon or run some YouTube clips I need Flash to run. PC says I need to install it

I have Flash although my pc says I don't.

I install it, again, so it seems. Still won't run.

Fairly sure this happened after I installed the free version of Spotify on my pc, before that I had been using the web version

Is this a known Spotify problem ?

I've Googled to sort Flash and got part of the way through the not accurate process, here
    http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...et_Explorer_9_

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled

Any ideas please guys ?
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Paul.

Mike.

It's got nothing to do with Spotify free version. Uninstall your existing version of Flash and then reinstall the latest. I have known issues occur with some updates of flash with certain browsers. Had a prob with Firefox. If still a problem search web for older versions of Flash and try the next most recent.

I'm Mike.

I've uninstalled - said to close Spotify helper before uninstalling
    Went to Amazon to use Flash
    Said to install, then
    "Adobe Flash Player is already installed, but disabled. Click here for more information."
    Clicked "here"
    Chrome users don't have to download new versions of Flash Player

So it seems it is there and disabled

Closed Chrome
    Reopened
    Same
    Flash is not show in Uninstall or change Program list
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mark.

Have you had a look around the flash control panel that should load on this link and see if there is anything to delete or change etc,

http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Grant View Post
    Have you had a look around the flash control panel that should load on this link and see if there is anything to delete or change etc,

http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html
    Thanks Mark

Looked at that
    Gives me loads of information that doesn't seem to offer an answer.
    I have a history of grief with PCs and software going back 30 years.
    I might have another look or get my pc support guy to remote in sometime and he can fix it properly

Mike

I'm Tom.

It's normally conflicts between the inbuilt Chrome and standalone flash players being installed, it drives me nuts too.

Try this number and see if it's any better:

http://www.reviversoft.com/blog/2013...google-chrome/

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post
    It's normally conflicts between the inbuilt Chrome and standalone flash players being installed, it drives me nuts too.

Try this number and see if it's any better:

http://www.reviversoft.com/blog/2013...google-chrome/
    Great.
    Will try that tomorrow at work and report back

Mike

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Great.
    Will try that tomorrow at work and report back
    That's it !
    Went to Plug-ins
    Flash greyed
    Enabled
    Flash is back

Thanks Paul, Mark and Frank

Mike

I'm Geoff.

Yes, I've just had exactly the same on a new PC. It's Chrome 'being helpful'. I'm using Comodo Dragon browser which is Chrome based and it has the same quirks.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes, I've just had exactly the same on a new PC. It's Chrome 'being helpful'. I'm using Comodo Dragon browser which is Chrome based and it has the same quirks.
    "Helpful software" an Oxymoron I reckon

Mike

+ Reply to Thread