+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive197 View Post
    If you had put a bid of £100 in, it would automatically just beat the current highest bid by the next biddable amount. E-bay does not do anything on its own. Example: 1st bid £20 but will only show £0.99 until you bid £10, e-bay will outbid you simply because it had the 1st bid of £20. Then you put the £100 bid in. The £20 bid is now beaten and goes to £21 and then every subsequent bid up to your £100 after that you have been out bid until you put in a higher maximum bid. Savey?
    I am having trouble understanding this. I apologise as I realise that I am an out and out numbskull. However I have seen things like Bargain Hunt and Homes Under The Hammer on TV where things are sold at auction. If there was a bid of say £20 for a stuffed Parrot, and I offered £100 the auctioneer would accept my bid of £100 and be looking for £101 or whatever. If I bid £100 on ebay and the previous bid was £20 it would wait until someone else put in a bid of say £100 and it would only increase the current bid in £1 increments?
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Mike.

Ebay isn't like a 'real' auction

If you want something work out what you are prepared to spend and bid as late as you can

You will often see things at say £5 for days on end - bargain
    In the last half hour or so that can go up to £1000 - probably not a bargain
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Yes Dave, it goes some way to explaining how it works. How do I get an "auto bidding system"? Is this what is called a "sniping" tool?
    You don't need a sniping tool - just put the maximum you are prepared to bid in near the end of the auction. Yes, a sniper might win it from you in the last second but if you're gutted about this then you didn't bid high enough!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Nobody.

When you bid now you can set 'Automatic bids' up where they will bid for yer..

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    When you bid now you can set 'Automatic bids' up where they will bid for yer..
    Oh right. Thanks.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12