• 9 out of 10

2 16.67%
  • 10 out of 10

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Album Club - Week 116: 22.10.2013: Alela Diane - To Be Still

I'm Paul.

I hadn't heard of this artist. On first listen via Spotify I am impressed. It's a puzzle why this music isn't better known. 8/10.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post
    It's a puzzle why this music isn't better known.
    Well wankers like Simon Cowell have a lot to answer for and the mindless masses who think he gives real music to the world, just fuel the fires of mediocrity
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm paul.

Sorry for getting to this one late, I quite liked this, I have never heard her before and I have to say it grew on me with each listen ,
    nice choice 6/10 from me
    Paul

MartinT Guest

Never heard of her but I find myself liking her voice and the general style. I also like electric violin when played well. This is more idiosyncratic and worth more listens than some of the bland female singer/songwriters out there. 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Well wankers like Simon Cowell have a lot to answer for and the mindless masses who think he gives real music to the world
    As part of the Sky Arts season of live music (From the Den, I think it's called), Adele's performance was recorded on my box. Well, I lasted through her introduction to the audience (chav doesn't even begin to cover it) and the first few bars of her singing. Simply awful and it got the delete button with extreme prejudice.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Adele's performance was recorded on my box. Well, I lasted through her introduction to the audience (chav doesn't even begin to cover it) and the first few bars of her singing. Simply awful and it got the delete button with extreme prejudice.
    I'm not going to go there again in case I upset anyone, but I really dislike Adele. As I have mentioned before, she sat in front of me in Union Chapel for The Civil Wars solo show and revealed her true colours - I would add the words disrespectful to chav Martin as well as being a tax avoiding whining *&^^%$ (add you own expletives here folks).

She is attractive though
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12