+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: IF cost was no objective what phonostage would you own?

I'm Andrew.

Default IF cost was no objective what phonostage would you own?

I'm looking at upgrading my Sugden Phonostage. I'd like a few ideas, my budget could be upto £10K.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Justin.

A £10K phono stage is imbalanced with your current kit. Allnic H-3000 looks about right with a lapse of reason, though

I'm Paul.

I've heard good things about the Aurorasound Vida (imported by Puresound). Including best heard at any price. Under £3K. I was also impressed by the Longdog if you want a modern Valve design.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    A £10K phono stage is imbalanced with your current kit. Allnic H-3000 looks about right with a lapse of reason, though
    Why imbalanced? I've heard people say nice things about Allnic I'll put it on the short list.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post
    I've heard good things about the Aurorasound Vida (imported by Puresound). Including best heard at any price. Under £3K. I was also impressed by the Longdog if you want a modern Valve design.
    Heard the Long Dog audio design, very impressed but I felt my current setup slighly bettered it. Thanks for the tip re puresound.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Deleted.

Default IF cost was no objective what phonostage would you own?

The Paradise stage I now use is, by some margin, the best phono stage I have encountered.

I've not heard the Vida but I trust Guy's ears and have no doubt that it will be a bit special.
    Account Deleted

I'm ILOB.

With that kind of money I go to a couple of dealers and over a 3 month period I try as many as I could I then decide
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    The Paradise stage I now use is, by some margin, the best phono stage I have encountered.
    Yep I heard about it but wouldn't it now be difficult to get? What sort of outlay are we looking at for one of these. Send me a PM if you don't want to divulge on the open forum. Additionally, isn't this supposed to be updated as well?
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    With that kind of money I go to a couple of dealers and over a 3 month period I try as many as I could I then decide
    im making a short list.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Charlie.

Another option might be a TRON Seven in whatever spec you can afford. I have a TRON Seven Reference built specially to match my Decca C4E. It is seriously good. If I had hods of cash, maybe I would go for a GT spec with separate PSU.

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Yep I heard about it but wouldn't it now be difficult to get? What sort of outlay are we looking at for one of these. Send me a PM if you don't want to divulge on the open forum. Additionally, isn't this supposed to be updated as well?
    Not updated - I think you are probably referring to the Calvin buffer stage - but that is an optional add-on element to the existing build (a separate board that fits piggyback on to it).

It is likely that interest is sufficiently high for another group buy to be organised in the near future.
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast