+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS/Free Broken English-Marianne Faithful vinyl

I'm Tony.

Default FS/Free Broken English-Marianne Faithful vinyl

Hi guys, I bought this album from discogs last week but the record is wrecked with loads of scratches and what looks like beer stains and fag ash all over it.

The cover is just as bad with a large crease in one corner and one edge of the sleeve has come apart.

The album has clearly been someones fav album

The record was described as mint or mint minus and the sleeve VG- the seller must have been on drugs when he listed it but to be fair to him he's refunded my cash and told me to keep the record. He must also have been on drugs when he posted it and failed to notice how bad a state it's in

Anyway it's a first press I think but I can't play it for fear of damaging my stylus so if anyone wants it just pay for postage and I'll stick it in the post, I can get it posted for £2.60 to a UK postcode I think.

Thanks

Tony

PS, I've order a sealed reissue copy from a very good seller on discogs who I've bought vinyls from before, she had a copy of this album too but it was a canadian pressing which is why I bought the wrecked one because it was the UK pressing.

The joys of buying Sh vinyl...

I'm stu.

If available could i take it please
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

I'm Paul.

Contact the seller and complain. Threat of negative feedback may result in a refund. Discogs is now more risky than Ebay as the later has a disputes procedure which is heavily in favour of buyers. The best sounding reissue is the Audio Fidelity (US cover) though the recent Universal reissue likely from high res digital sounds good. In fact based on my own copy the original pressings are not that special.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    If available could i take it please
    No probs Stu, just pm with your address etc.

Tony

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post
    Contact the seller and complain. Threat of negative feedback may result in a refund. Discogs is now more risky than Ebay as the later has a disputes procedure which is heavily in favour of buyers. The best sounding reissue is the Audio Fidelity (US cover) though the recent Universal reissue likely from high res digital sounds good. In fact based on my own copy the original pressings are not that special.
    Hi Paul, the seller did respond very quickly and did in fact issue a refund so I can't really complain too much except for the fact that I was pretty dissapointed as I was dying to listen to the record but now I'll have to wait until the new one appears.

The one I've bought is this one below.

Tony

Marianne Faithfull ‎– Broken English - Original Mix
    Label:
    Island Records ‎– 372 898-1, Universal UMC ‎– 372 898-1
    Series:
    Back To Black –
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Limited Edition, 180g, Blue

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    Hi Paul, the seller did respond very quickly and did in fact issue a refund so I can't really complain too much except for the fact that I was pretty dissapointed as I was dying to listen to the record but now I'll have to wait until the new one appears.

The one I've bought is this one below.

Tony

Marianne Faithfull ‎– Broken English - Original Mix
    Label:
    Island Records ‎– 372 898-1, Universal UMC ‎– 372 898-1
    Series:
    Back To Black –
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Limited Edition, 180g, Blue
    Tony.

I don't think you will be disappointed with this one though the Audio Fidelity is better at a cost.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post
    Tony.

I don't think you will be disappointed with this one though the Audio Fidelity is better at a cost.
    Thanks Paul.

I'm scott.

Tony the back-to-black version is very flat & lifeless
    best version the kevin gray audio fidelity pressing - have some in stock

also a great version of strange weather from ORG 2x45rpm 180g

http://snvinyl.co.uk/epages/eshop943...ectID=23316753

I'm Tony.

Thanks Scott

I'm Paul.

Just a reminder that the AF uses USA artwork rather than as shown on snvinyl . The B to B isn't bad and probably near as good as most mint 'original' copies. Of course the AF is quite a bit better though I don't see how they had access to the original UK master tape. Also look out for a used Grapevine/Island 150g from the 90's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast