+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best British Blues band today?

I'm Richard.

Default Best British Blues band today?

This was going nowhere on the "such fun" valve discussion thread, so it needs another thread of its own. I am trying both to promote my friends band, but also get enough interest to get a vinyl lp produced of their most recent album "Killing it" and maybe their new (not yet released) album.

Please have a listen to them and post a comment. Dave Migden and the Dirty Words - http://www.davidmigdenandthedirtywords.com/music-page

My avatar is the band, with my mate Joe in the front. Since I last posted about them they have won a national blues competition, and as a prize flown to New Brunswick Canada, where they won that too. Just think how good they'd sound on your HiFi!!

Thanks

Richard

I'm paul.

I'd support that,
    Paul

I'm ILOB.

Not bad the kind of music I can enjoy live
    Some nice slide playing you can see he influenced by Ry
    I try and see them next time they play in London
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Richard.

Thanks guys. Keep em comin'

I'm Dave.

Not bad, a bit to clean sounding for me. I like my blues dirty. I will give the songs more of a play before i make my mind up. I feel from first listen that the singer good as he his, does not cut it for me.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Agree with you John. They look to be a great band to see live.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix
    Not bad, a bit to clean sounding for me. I like my blues dirty. I will give the songs more of a play before I make my mind up. I feel from first listen that the singer good as he his, does not cut it for me.
    The singer's voice sounds a bit like a 'gutsy' version of Keb Mo. Certainly 'dirty' enough for me; if you want something more dirty try Lightnin' Hopkins, or Furry Lewis.

However until they produce a complete CD that I can purchase, rather than downloads (I've only had a quick look on Amazon), they will remain unavailable to me.

Will watch them with interest - thanks for introducing them to us Richard
    Barry

I'm ChrisB.

Since this thread is the bastard son of a drifted thread and that thread was the bastard son of a drifted thread, I feel duty bound to try to steer this thread to a discussion about armadillos.

Oh all right then ......yes, I like blues, Richard. I'd watch the videos if I could make the buggers work.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Agree with you John. They look to be a great band to see live.

The singer's voice sounds a bit like a 'gutsy' version of Keb Mo. Certainly 'dirty' enough for me; if you want something more dirty try Lightnin' Hopkins, or Furry Lewis.

However until they produce a complete CD that I can purchase, rather than downloads (I've only had a quick look on Amazon), they will remain unavailable to me.

Will watch them with interest - thanks for introducing them to us Richard
    I can get you a CD - well recorded actually. Of course, what I would like to get us all is a vinyl LP. If I can get enough interest Iill take a chance on it and hope to sell them to the independent record shops too, but never having done anything like this before, I would appreciate as much support as possible. Pretty sure I could get the 24 bit master.

Link to purchase of the CD http://davidmigdenandthedirtywords.b...bum/killing-it

They are planning to record a new album in a single 2 week session soon - they have written and rehearsed it - big change from the way they used to work (new management). They are not "easy" and have quite a varied and often "odd" style, but they are awesome live. As I should be able to confirm in about 2 hours time. First time I will get to hear tracks from the new album.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Since this thread is the bastard son of a drifted thread and that thread was the bastard son of a drifted thread, I feel duty bound to try to steer this thread to a discussion about armadillos.

Oh all right then ......yes, I like blues, Richard. I'd watch the videos if I could make the buggers work.
    Funny - I had that problem with firefox. OK on safari

Try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czitQlXLJQw

CHeers

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    Not bad, a bit to clean sounding for me. I like my blues dirty. I will give the songs more of a play before i make my mind up. I feel from first listen that the singer good as he his, does not cut it for me.
    Maybe thats why he uses that bloody megaphone so much

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast