+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost Dr.Who Episodes

I'm Nobody.

Default Lost Dr.Who Episodes

I have not had time to trawl through see is anyone started a fresh thread about this but i notice the front page of the newspaper in the Airport this morning regarding the lost episodes of Dr Who! great news i say..

I'm Andrew.

Yeah but dont get too excited I think they only managed to salvage 9. I think 97 are still missing but the vast majority of these have the audio preserved.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Neil.

Enemy of the World now found and the Web of Fear now complete - two stories from the Patrick Troughton period.

Great they are found but sad so much stuff is still missing

Regards Neil
    Regards Neil

I'm Nobody.

All the same a great find at the end of the day..the worse thing is they are pre Home video or even U Matic so no chance on anyone to have ever recorded them

I'm Paul.

There is a fanatical guy who recorded the audio on every episode. Originally by taping a mike to the TV speaker before there were audio outputs on TV's. Result is if they can find the tapes in even poor state they have good audio and use digital technology to clean them up. Also I have heard of programs being filmed by people by placing a camera in front of the TV so there is always the possibility of something like that turning up. It's unlikely they will ever find all the episodes though. Pitty BBC were such skinflints back in the 60's, a huge contrast to the vast amounts blown on salaries nowadays.

Now hows about all those TOTP episodes they wiped - on second thoughts they won't want to find any with Saville on them!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

According to 'The Omnirumour' that's been floating around uber-fandom for two years or more (roots started in 2005 apparently but really kicked off in 2010) and which blew wide open last summer, there could be around 90 out of the 106 missing episodes recovered from storage 'hubs' in Africa and possibly elsewhere.

This nine is NOT the only find - of that I'm sure. Possibly other missing UK TV too - the missing Dad's Army episodes and an Eric & Ernie one currently being discussed

Roll on 'Power and Evil........' - oh, and Marco Polo too
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread