+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: High End battery solution for the TC-7533 Bushmaster MKII

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by mkrzych View Post
    And here we go:

Thanks for contacting Anker Support.

If the current draw is lower than 0.05A then the Pro will shut off after around 50 seconds.

...interesting so for this latest version of the battery they are saying if the current draw is less that 0.05A or 50mA it shuts down in 50 seconds.

This is curious as the earlier version had a shutdown after 20 minutes.

The Bushmaster I believe draws between 40mA and 60mA. So at 50mA it is borderline whether the auto shutdown happens.

You may just have to try it and see - in the worst case you will just need to buy a grain of wheat bulb and wire in circuit.
    Adam.

I'm Barry.

Well, the battery arrived from Amazon this morning and after a bumpy start my Bushmaster mk1 seems to be running fine from the battery, left it on for about 2 hours this afternoon with no problems. It did cut out every few minutes to start with but I charged the battery (this resets it) plus I took the Bushmaster out of sleep mode, perhaps having 2 lit led's on the dac made a differance?

Quote Originally Posted by Kit1cat View Post
    It did cut out every few minutes to start with but I charged the battery (this resets it) plus I took the Bushmaster out of sleep mode, perhaps having 2 lit led's on the dac made a differance?
    It might help. They draw about 5mA each.

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    It might help. They draw about 5mA each.
    Thanks Stan, 10mA could be enough to make a difference. Do you have you Touch connected to a battery as well? I connected mine last night and was rather surprised to see the battery drop from 60% charged to under 20% in the morning just running the clock.

I'm Barry.

Solved the problem with the Touch by fitting a in-line switch, I miss the clock display but I prefer it being off then having to charge the battery every day. Bushmaster/Touch sounding great with the Anker battery, now looking to upgrade to a bushmaster mark 2.

Touch/Asynch-1/Bushmaster is well worth trying if you are running EDO.

I'm Barry.

Touch/Asynch-1/Bushmaster is well worth trying if you are running EDO.
    Thanks Stan, are you saying the Asynch-1 could be a better option then the Bushmaster mkII? I am running EDO.

Venom-3 mod plus battery firmware and Asynch-1 will closely match the stock BMII for performance, AND give you the use of a USB input. If you can solder, do the Venom-3 mod ASAP. If you require any more performance than that, you'll have to save up and use your AoS member discount to grab a CaimanII.

I'm Barry.

Venom-3 mod plus battery firmware and Asynch-1 will closely match the stock BMII for performance, AND give you the use of a USB input. If you can solder, do the Venom-3 mod ASAP. If you require any more performance than that, you'll have to save up and use your AoS member discount to grab a CaimanII.
    Thanks for info Stan, that has given me more food for thought, but not sure I want another link in the chain (I have no use for the USB input) still thinking of the Bushmaster mkll with the modded chip for battery use. Don't think my system would do justice to the CaimanII.
    Last edited by Kit1cat; 15-10-2014 at 19:20.

I'm Malcolm.

Hi All,
    Thought that a few of you might be interested in this battery that I've just got for my Caiman Mk2:http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...uct_refresh_T1

23,000 mAH plus solar charger - works great - I've just got to conjure a longer connection lead so that I can leave the battery in the window charging while playing music from the Caiman!
    48 hours of continuous 'burn-in' and still more than 75% capacity left.
    No power drop outs with Caiman (haven't tried it with Bushmaster)
    Standard lead supplied plugs into Standac without any adapters.

I ordered on Thursday and it was delivered Friday afternoon.
    I'll post separately on my experience with my NEW Caiman 2
    Malcolm (I originally trained as a chemist - it affects the way I think...)
    Primary System is (currently):
    Analogue 'Pieces':
    Opus-3 Continuo with Hadcock (VDH Silver) & Musicmaker, Korato KVP10 Valve Pre (inc Phono) and KTA100 Class A-B (NOT A/B!) Power Amp. Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Uher 'Omega' R2R - All comes out through DALI Helicon 400's
    Digital 'Bits': Arcam FMJ RingDAC CDP, DAB Tuner, Apple TV-1 (Jailbroken with HDD upgrade), Humax Freesat Recorder, Beresford Bushmaster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast