+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: High End battery solution for the TC-7533 Bushmaster MKII

I'm Martijn.

Stan, you might aswel remove the Ebay link.
    I ordered from the offering seller but last night my order got cancelled because they had stock problems.
    Now going for the other link you posted
    Martijn

I'm tony.

Maplin is selling a 12v solar charger for £10...have three put aside, will report back if it does the business for the ECO hi fi!!!

MartinT Guest

Thanks, Stan. That battery unit is very interesting. I think I might give it a punt.

It occurs to me that, rather than reintroduce a switched mode charger into my system, I can use my Paul Hynes 15V linear power supply to act as its charger. The best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    It occurs to me that, rather than reintroduce a switched mode charger into my system, I can use my Paul Hynes 15V linear power supply to act as its charger.
    It could be hazardous to charge a 12V battery with a 15V supply that has no delta charging measurement facility.

MartinT Guest

The unit specifies DC input voltage range of 14 - 24V. I thought all the sensing was in the main unit and that the charger was just a standard external SMPS power supply?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    The unit specifies DC input voltage range of 14 - 24V. I thought all the sensing was in the main unit and that the charger was just a standard external SMPS power supply?
    If you mean the DAC, then you are OK. But if it is an external battery that you wish to charge then be cautious with using a 15V PSU to charge a 12V battery.

MartinT Guest

Now I'm confused

Those specs I quoted (DC input 14 - 24V) are for the battery unit you recommended in post #1. Clearly it has its own charge management circuit. I take it you have one of them?

I'm Grant.

as long as the supplied power charging source that came with the battery pack has no electronics in it, is a dumb PSU then it should work fine.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Stephen.

My "hi end" battery finally arrived from Ankaka after issues in Singapore customs. Battery/case is a sleek and solid bit of kit but there is a fault with the charging cable/plug as it will only charge in a certain position. Anyway, to my old ears this does raise the SQ another notch or 2 over the 6800mA/h battery I was using (which is already better than the linear psu/sBooster). Improvement is more in the area of sound stage and presentation (fuller/larger) than necessarily in detail. Definitely worth the wait.
    Steve
    Always a little further

I'm Brian.

Stan , can you please tell me if this would be suitable for the Bushmaster 2.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1611236012...84.m1423.l2649

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast