+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: High End battery solution for the TC-7533 Bushmaster MKII

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    That's strange Ali . when I adjusted my Maplins PSU to around 16v I got a squealing noise too .
    Aye, strange when the linear supply is fine at 16v. Amps still work, just have the squeal in the background.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Brian.

I adjusted the Maplins PSU down to 15.8v and everything was fine.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Well this battery pack has three voltages, 12, 16,19. 16 actually measures just over 14v, but still squeals..
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Well this battery pack has three voltages, 12, 16,19. 16 actually measures just over 14v, but still squeals..
    Is there something inbuilt into the supplied PSU which the linears don't have . My Bantam is running quite happily from my 12v car battery .

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Dunno, but it does it whether the charger is plugged in or not.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Nigel.

I tried the Maplin full on and it measured 16.4v on my example but the unit was buzzing like a bee. I backed off to 16v and this worked fine. i still think the 12v security system battery is better, sweeter and more detailed. I give it a charge every 48hrs. John mentioned that it was preferable to leave the amp powered all the time, whether the blue light was on or off was up to the individual. I have enquired as to what's the difference, eg what's not powered when the amp is connected to a supply but switched off, however he hasn't responded yet.

I'm Steven.

Aside from the squealing at 16V, can anyone of the new owners lift another tip of the veil of how his/her BM2 excels with the battery attached?
    Yamaha - Pioneer - Bluesound - Squeezebox - Beresford - Chario - MJ Acoustics - iBasso

Yamaha RX-V1300 * Bluesound Node 2 * Pioneer DV-656A SACD/DVDA * Squeezebox Touch + BotW linear psu + SBooster * Bushmaster Mk2 + Beresford Dorado * Beresford Capella * Chario Syntar 200T (front) + Chario Syntar 200 (rear) + Chario Syntar Dialoque (center) * MJ Acoustics Pro50 (sub) * LG OLED 55C8 * iBasso D2+ * beyerdynamic DT990/250 * Belkin AV 53001 speaker cables * Mark Grant G1000HD ic * Silver High Breed ic * Mike Homar WBT'ed digital coax * Beresford TRC-222 digital coax * Supra USB * Beresford TC 3618 toslink

Steven

You should only use the battery pack at 12V.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I should be clear, I'm talking about running Temple Audio Bantam Gold Class D amps.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm ILOB.

I use mine at 12v no issues Ali
    Can you try a 12v car or bike battery and see if it has the same issues
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast