+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: High End battery solution for the TC-7533 Bushmaster MKII

Default High End battery solution for the TC-7533 Bushmaster MKII

I have been using a slightly more expensive battery solution for the Bushmaster, but I have refrained from making that known because of the less than convenient effort that is required to get hold of one.
    Worse still is that I lent my BM out and packed away the battery. Now I can't remember where I put it .
    But I am going to do a wide search tomorrow. I hope the wife didn't throw the box away in which I left it.

The battery can be seen at:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3309191249...84.m1423.l2649

I ordered mine from:
    http://www.ankaka.com/incredible-200...tery_p409.html since it is a bit cheaper there even after adding the postal cost.

Some more technical info on it at:
    http://sclick.net/cool-gadgets/coole...gets-blog.html

What I like about it is that you can leave it plugged into the mains. It has a battery level indicator, and an auto shutdown when fully charged.

The unit defaults to 12Volts. This is important. The BM draws less than 100mA, which makes it unsuitable or difficult to use with other battery solutions of a similar design that I have tried. That includes the one at:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UBP0768A-2...item35c9c2399c
    This one has a 16V minimum limit and does not detect the presence of the BM consistently. So it won't come on reliably. I shall take a pic of it the next time I do get it to recognize the BM just to show how it works.

I'm Stephen.

Thanks for posting this information Stan.
    I've been looking for a better battery solution and didn't really want all the hassle and mess of motorcycle/car batteries in the living room. Coupled with the fact that this solution is permanently on charge it looks ideal. I've ordered one from Ankaka - I've been very pleased with other batteries I have purchased from them. £82.62 including shipping.

Steve
    Always a little further

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye, looks good, cheers Stan. Might get one to try with the Golds.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm tony.

Ali sent you a PM......

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Replied.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Richard.

I've just ordered one as well, I think it seems to have 2 outputs, do you reckon it would be able to run 2 devices at once?
    I'm maybe thinking about my Angle audio phono stage, or maybe a Bantam gold amp (in the near future)??

Also, I'm well chuffed with my BM2, it's got better after being run in a while, or it might just be my imagination, plus being able to have a good listen to it now it's the weekend

I'm Martin.

Hi Richard and Stephen please let me know how you get on with this unit. Some pics would be good......

All the best

Marty
    Source: Wadia 170 iTransport
    Apple iPod 120MB/160MB, Apple iMac/Airport Express, Musical Fidelity X-RAY CD player,
    Beresford Caiman SEG with Dorado power supply
    Amplification: ATC SCA2 Pre
    Speaker: ATC SCM 50 ASL Classic
    Other cables, power supplies: Chord Signature, Mike Homar, Mark Grant G1000HD, RFC Reference Mercury, 20000mAH Ankaka battery
    Favourite HIFI forum: AOS of course

I'm Steve.

Hi all, been seaching for 12v Lithium Polymer battery packs all week...wondering if I should go along this route or a Linear PSU ? ( Apologies if this has been covered in another thread - ! ? ).
    Any advice please....I'm sure ( hope!!) my system has the resolution to justify this because the increase in detail from my Mk1 to MkII was quite astonishing.
    Will also follow this one with interest. Pictures / reviews on the above Battery pack reccomended from Stan would be superb. All the best. Steve.

I'm Brian.

Steve , I was using a Power Inspired AG500 mains regenerator to power the Bushmaster 2 . Battery power beats it hands down IMHO . However , there are more expensive linear PSUs which may be better . I've never tried any though .

I'm ILOB.

Battery takes everything to another level so think you not be disappointed I not gone down the linear route yet I am waiting for mine to come
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast