+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery powered t amps

I'm ChrisB.

Don't you mean heavy, man?

I'm tony.

Aye OK, I've been piling on the beef for a while !!!!!!

Having read quite a bit about the light weight li-po batteries for bikes, in the real world -Winter cold cranking owners experiences don't marry with the claims. I run a high compression litre v twin that goes through a battery every couple of years.......different story with a 600 or even 1000cc multi. The Battery used in the latest generation fire blade is the same as the one in they're 125!!!!!

Stan, will try and get another lead to me which will be plumbed in to run the DAC.

Will borrow back one of my mini t amps from my son and give that a whirl today......

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Aye OK, I've been piling on the beef for a while !!!!!!
    Followed by an influx of opponents who have been stabbing their knives in it . If this was politics, then the BM would have been called Ralph .

I'm Andy.

Tony, the Tripath story started for me when l had a Veritas P400 digital power amp( l believe that was a Tripath chip), until that broke and was unrepairable- what an amp! l must say it was then it is was Jerry's posts on the Mini-T that peeked my interest on Tripath amps again, and for me he was spot on, in my small room driving my Harbs the combo was incredible, and all down hill from there!
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm tony.

Will give it a whirl with Spendors later in the day, my next door neighbour is really good with me but I try not to take the piss by playing too early/late or loud. Thats what the cans are for......

I have had great success with Yuasa 12V batteries. I noticed a couple left on eBay that are ridiculously priced for what they are. The seller must have forgotten the 1 at the front of his listed price.

I'm tony.

honda buy them in bulk and sell for half the price ktm or battery outlets do.......

Plumbed in a mini t and used the other battery spur for the BM.....very nice indeed.

I'm ILOB.

I going to give it a go just ordered one of the batteries at that price has to be worth a try
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Nigel.

Stan / Ladies & Gents,

To re-charge these type of batteries is a special charger required, or would an ordinary car battery charger do the job? Also, what type of connectors are required for the best fit?

Cheers,

Nigel

The charger I used is
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2307178388...84.m1423.l2649

You need some spade connectors attached to a 2.1mm DC lead to fit to the battery after the battery is charged up.

I dumped all my stuff in the shed in various boxes so I can't get hold of them offhand to take pics. But I'll give it a go this weekend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast