+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery powered t amps

I'm tony.

Default Battery powered t amps

Bought a couple of 2.1mm center positive leads from Stan Beresford, well finished in line ferule thingy.....mated them up to a Motorcycle battery with a 3 amp inline fuse on the positive and a wee rocker switch on the negative.

It is driving two temple audio mono blocks with the cleanest sound I have ever experienced.......new car battery beckons (put the battery back in the bike).

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Bought a couple of 2.1mm center positive leads from Stan Beresford, well finished in line ferule thingy.....mated them up to a Motorcycle battery with a 3 amp inline fuse on the positive and a wee rocker switch on the negative.

It is driving two temple audio mono blocks with the cleanest sound I have ever experienced.......new car battery beckons (put the battery back in the bike).

Repeat! Repeat! T-amps on batteries are incredible- l know l own an awesome one
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm tony.

Andy,
    I'm flabbergasted at the performance.......I run a balanced mains transformer but what I'm hearing is just ridiculous. My dac runs off a wee camcorder battery with the bike battery powering the mono blocks I am completely off the grid. Just silly the Improvement it has brung to what I thought of as a well resolved system. Might try again with the DAC and run the lot off a car battery.......suspect my original wiring was at fault.

Used crimps to get going initially......dived out and bought some block connector and an inline switch/replacement 3 amp auto fuse that I blew....this really has made me rethink things.
    Bang for buck.....WOW!!!!

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Andy,
    I'm flabbergasted at the performance.......I run a balanced mains transformer but what I'm hearing is just ridiculous. My dac runs off a wee camcorder battery with the bike battery powering the mono blocks I am completely off the grid. Just silly the Improvement it has brung to what I thought of as a well resolved system. Might try again with the DAC and run the lot off a car battery.......suspect my original wiring was at fault.

Used crimps to get going initially......dived out and bought some block connector and an inline switch/replacement 3 amp auto fuse that I blew....this really has made me rethink things.
    Bang for buck.....WOW!!!!
    Tony, really glad it is working out for you, T- amps done properly have to be one of the best VFM products in all of Audiodom, my tweaked Sensation with a few internal mods and battery PSU would comfortably see off any amps l have had at home ever- and l have had some £££££ ones here, and the great thing is you can carry on and on tweaking them- spread the love.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

I'm tony.

Andy......absolutely!

Quite a few of the troops run bantums/bantum golds......what an upgrade!

I'm Andy.

Heard good things about the Bantams, l am really surprised that more folk do not run T-amps, especially as you can carry tweaking them, l have four T-amps, and each one shares the same common trait of extreme musicality, glass clear transparency,would love to hear a Mini-T on batteries, that would be fun!

I'm tony.

my son bi-amps with a couple running a battery powered non up sampling DAC.......really looking forward to buying a couple of the new ones when they are launched......as you rightly say t amps are fabulous.

I'm Andy.

l believe that some some people are running their Kit off Red Wine Black lightning Battery PSU ( LIFEP04 batteries) and are reporting even higher gains in performance over SLA batteries, and you can run multiple components too The Red Wines are expensive but people seem to buying them

I'm tony.

lead acid for me till I get ma head round the major changes sonically.....bang for buck!

I'm Gary.

lead acid...cosmic man!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast