+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RCL . The Small Loudspeaker

I'm Chris.

Just reconnected my Leak sandwich 'Minis', after my PAWO horn broke.
    Have a lifetime of using BIG speakers (Klipschorns being the biggest; Avantgarde Duos not far behind!) but making zigmahornets opened my biased eyes to the quality of single units.So i've owned Ocellias for 6/7 years.
    The Zigmas are pretty fine as 'nearfield monitors by my iMac table.DSC01064.jpg
    Chris.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylanthecat View Post
    Hi All,

This is a very very old thread but as I have just been asked to review a pair for a friend. They are currently playing as I type. Just whipped off the AE1 which was a little unkind to them. Listening as NFM driven by a Yamaha PC2002M, source Tidal via a Azur 851D.

Mids are not bad at all. Little wanting on the bass but 'they are only little'. Only been on for 20mins 'Shipbuilding' just finished and was enjoyable. E Costello's version now playing. These are growing on me - good fun. M
    I reviewed them twice, a mini review in Practical Hi-Fi and a comparative review in What Hi-Fi? I was very keen on the clean tight bass sound and excellent imagery but they are only little speakers and inefficient so need something 50w and upwards. If anyone is interested in pdf copies of the reviews just PM.
    DGP

I'm Charlie.

I bought a pair for my brother in the 80s - very decent small speaker (with the usual caveats) - much better than the Videotron Minimax or the smaller Wharfedales, which were in vogue then. Not as good as a LS3/5a, but a snip at the price. He kept his until about 10 year ago when I got him a pair of Avantgarde Solos.
    R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12