• 8 out of 10

4 19.05%
  • 9 out of 10

3 14.29%
  • 10 out of 10

7 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Album Club - Week 113: 01.10.2013: U2 - The Joshua Tree. (1987)

I'm Barry.

I like U2 , always have done but have never owned a copy of this as I only like certain tracks and I agree with John it lacks edge ( no pun intended). I bought Rattle and Hum which came out soon after, that contains some of these tracks Bullet the Blue Sky (live) being a highlight.
    However it is of course a top album, I'll give it 7/10, now if you'd had chose Achtung Baby you'd have got top marks Alex

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Thanks guys for the mainly positive views! Certainly one of my better received Album Club nominations! Big thanks to Chris (TGW) for covering Album Club the past few weeks, which have been mental for me with lots of changes at work and a ton of travelling, hence me being a bit of a stranger on AoS just at the moment... Hopefully it will get a bit easier soon.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm ChrisB.

Hiya stranger!
    I haven't voted yet, but I may have to amend the options to allow for minus figures!

I'm ChrisB.

Go on then, we'll call it an 8

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Bloody hell - an 8! Or was that minus 8? Must admit, I didn't think it would be your cup of cha... So if it got a plus 8 then wow!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm ChrisB.

I prefer 'Rattle & Hum' & 'Under a Blood Red Sky', but this is pretty good. I have quite a few of their albums - I opted out when I heard 'Achtung Baby' though!

Under a Blood Red Sky would probably be my 2nd favourite - one of the very few live albums I have played repeatedly - I think I'm on my 3rd vinyl copy, have the original CD and the Deluxe box set remaster... I'm a sucker for those as I've said on here before - and they are rarely worth the effort but the U2 ones have been great IMHO.
    Alex

I'm John.

I dug out the LP and really wanted to dislike it (They take themselves far too seriously) but I quite liked it really.....Bullet The Blue Sky followed by Running To Stand Still are great back to back. Nice one, at least an 8/10.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Technics 1210/Mike New Bearing/Jelco SA750d/Goldring 2500/Paul Hynes SR5 21/27.
    Cambridge Audio 840c CD. Squeezebox Touch. Synology NAS.
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.
    Quad II monoblocks....Quad 44/405.....Croft Micro.....Cambridge Audio 840.
    Celestion Ditton 66.....KEF Reference One

I'm openingabottleofwine.

'Rattle and Hum' is an excellent live album; however I'll stick with my vote of 10/10, as I regard 'The Joshua Tree' to be an almost perfect classic album.
    Barry

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Finally got back to this after the first post and after listening to it again - no change from me since then, it still gets 10/10, voted accordingly
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast