I was in two minds whether to place this thread in Abstract Chat or here in Musical Compositions. As this ostensibly deals with a musical theme, albeit from a recording engineers perspective, I settled on here.

Eric Tomlinson - Recording Engineer

As the article states, Mr Tomlinson is one of the unsung heroes of the British and international film score scene. Over his lifetime he has worked with such luminaries as John Barry, Henry Mancini and Gerry Goldsmith, to name but a few. I found the article (the link is the title above) while I was looking for information on an Opus pre/power amp combo posted up on the Bargains On Ebay thread. Whether there is a link between Mr Tomlinson and Capricorn Electronics, who made the amp combo at their facility in Hayes, Middlesex, is not clear, however there might be a tenuous link through EMI somewhere, although I've yet to discover it.

Regardless, the article is an interesting read as it recounts some of Mr Tomlisons fascinating exploits and experiences throughout his career. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did...