+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trolls = low life?

I'm Ron.

Angry Trolls = low life?

Last night I watched the 'Tonight' programme on ITV (7:30pm). Jonathan Maitland, the presenter, was bringing to the viewers' attention the cruelty inflicted on selected and innocent people who frequent and use sites such as Twitter and FaceBook by mindless, anomalous cretins who are generally referred to as Trolls. Apparently, they are now a collective and join forces to inflict suffering on others... what on earth do they get out of it FFS? Maitland interviewed the only self proclaimed Troll, who of course wanted to remain anonymous, brave brave man, who said that it gave them pleasure and that the Troll, itself, was not responsible but the victim!!!!!! What sort of world and mind set inhabits cyberspace, internet etc nowadays??? I personally, don't subscribe to FaceBook as it is, for me, uninteresting or Twitter same reason, could I be missing out on something, could I become a target, that would be interesting? In my day, I'm an oldy now with a fading punch but still in possession of a lethal upwards knee blow, you could confront a bully and take care of business, not now, they hide away and carry on their torment of your young teenage daughter to someone who they have taken their own irrational dislike to without leaving their grubby little grottos or being accountable... what say you?

I'm Nodrog.

Low life is right. I just can't understand the mind set that gets pleasure from other people's pain.

I also can't understand the attraction of twitter and facebook and any other site of their ilk although I suppose, to a degree, its a bit like belonging to a forum like this. Just making contact.

However, there appear to be almost no rules as to reasonable behaviour. I wouldn't even bother locking the trolls up and throwing away the key. They would just go straight on my disappear list.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

They do it because they are sad, unfulfilled, lonely fuckers with no proper lives of their own, possibly because their life experiences have damaged them psychologically in some way.

Therefore, they're jealous of other people's contentment and happiness and try to spoil that, as it gives them a morbid sense of satisfaction and self-worth (can you think of someone else we know that this aptly applies to? )

Give me 10 mins in a room alone with these no-hope losers and I'd 'adjust their perspective' somewhat......

As Greg wrote recently on the 'Tyranny of Hi-fi' thread:

"There is nothing worse than retained resentment. It stagnates and grows in the mind to become a total obsession, felt in the heart. Thereafter, if not sorted, all becomes miserable madness."
    There are a lot of depressingly joyless folk out there, keen to spoil things for others!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Bob.

One of these "who guards the guards" conundrums IMO Ron.
    Anonymity is a presumed (wrongly) state in this internet age, and some of these idiots would be horrified by public identification, they thrive on the notion they are anonymous, even as a gang.

I'm Ron.

Hi Gordon, the sad part in all this is that youngsters on the first tentative step through life have gone no further and have been driven by these trolls to end their own lives without ever realizing their own potential. I myself wonder at modern life when you see people staring into their palms (smart Phone?), talking to themselves (hands free mobile) or worse still shouting into their mobiles as if they don't trust the ability of said phone to transmit their verbiage and back it up with shear vocal volume. Having said all this I have bought my first Smartphone and after sorting out initial problems (I'm still on a learning curve with this one). Do you think we should bring back the medieval stocks for people/trolls who cause society pain and upset?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbasrah View Post
    One of these "who guards the guards" conundrums IMO Ron.
    Anonymity is a presumed (wrongly) state in this internet age, and some of these idiots would be horrified by public identification, they thrive on the notion they are anonymous, even as a gang.
    Why do think that all new members posting in the Welcome room and introducing themselves here is mandatory?

The only folk we want on AoS are real ones, here for constructive reasons!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Ron.

[QUOTE=Marco;480831]They do it because they are sad and lonely fuckers with no life of their own, possibly because their life experiences have damaged them psychologically in some way. Therefore, they're jealous of other people's contentment and happiness and try to spoil that, as it gives them a morbid sense of satisfaction and self-worth (can you think of someone else we know that this aptly applies to? )

Give me 10 mins in a room alone with these no-hope losers and I'd 'adjust their perspective' somewhat......

As Greg wrote recently on the 'Tyranny of Hi-fi' thread:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have stroked my beard, scratched my crotch and looked vacantly out of the window trying to remember whom and can only come up with Heinrich Himmler or Arthur Scargill... am I right ?

Soz, Ron, don't know what you're trying to say?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Paul.

I am not sure why people do this but they do!

From my own experiences, I can only see that it relates to the anomity of the Tinternet and nothing more because most of these 'Trolls' wouldn't be brave enough to challange people face-to-face.

It's reminds me of the time when I was in a town centre in West Sussex out for a few bevies with the boys when someone decided they were going to cause agrow.. they kept shouting 'Come on then' but as they were saying it they were stepping away from me... my point: all talk and no bollocks!

P.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzBones View Post
    ... who said that it gave them pleasure and that the Troll, itself, was not responsible but the victim ...
    Absolutely true. All one can do is repeat "Don't feed the Trolls". Their food is attention, but it is the victims who feed them, and they will continue to do so. Like all of us they need attention.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast